Asian Tsunami

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope old D&J - Thailand hols - not involved in the Asia quake disaster.
david and julie said:
Going to Thailand for Christmas for the third time. ...18 days, split between Bangkok, Phuket and Hua Hin.
:eek:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
without saying. made me go cold when i watched all the pictures on the news this morning

Thermo

I'm shocked, let hope we hear from D&J shortly and pray for others.......

Hopefully he is away from the coast: some friends of mine are flying out there today, they had real fun yesterday as they couldn't get through to the airlines or the insurance agents, but they have managed to divert their holiday to the north of Thailand, which is apparently OK.

But yes, hopefully D&J will be OK. If he was in Bangkok or Hua Hin at the time he should be unhit, hopefully he wasn't in Phuket. :eek:

My son-in-law's sisters are out there, on an island to the east of Tailand, He's managed to contact them by mobile phone. He asked if they had been affected by the earthquake, their answer: "What earthquake" :eek:

So, sounds promising :D

My thoughts with them also.

Hopefully Phuket wasn't the first leg of their 18 days, the pictures I've seen suggest it was was hit quite badly. Probably will mean them cutting their holiday short so we should hear from them soon. If they stay out there the full 18 days they should return on the 9th to tell us all about it.
:confused:

just watched a bit on gmtv. four brit lads sitting on the beach in thailand, devastation and death all around and what are they doing...drinking beer and saying well its an experaince so well carry on with our holiday. My immediate thoughts are not printable in this forum. Its also good to see that with a disatser on such a mamouth scale with so many people killed that mr blair has not cut short his holiday or even appeared on the tv to say anything......again i have no words for him i wish to print on this forum.

Ho hum well im off to make a donation now, having had a nice christmas and counting myself lucky to be alive having seen the pictures. I hope a few more on the forum follow suit!

Thermo

My word, I didn't know they were in Thailand, same sentiments as everyone else, pray that they are ok.

Hope they are found safe, and also to others still missing.

I am sure D&J will not mind ... I was having a delve around and found this at http://www.phuket-info.com/forums

david and julie
...........we don't mind if we go to phukett or hua hin first.We arrive on the 24th dec and leave on the 10th jan. We are booked into xxx hotel bkk for first 2 nights and the last 3. we will share the remaining days betweeen hua hin and phukett. ......... Our order of travel will be to suit the hotel availability............... dave & julie

Here's hoping, got everything crossed here !!

P

pipme said:
I am sure D&J will not mind ... I was having a delve around and found this at http://www.phuket-info.com/forums

david and julie
...........we don't mind if we go to phukett or hua hin first.We arrive on the 24th dec and leave on the 10th jan. We are booked into xxx hotel bkk for first 2 nights and the last 3. we will share the remaining days betweeen hua hin and phukett. ......... Our order of travel will be to suit the hotel availability............... dave & julie

Here's hoping, got everything crossed here !!

P

OMG. Hope to hell they're OK.

Sponsored Links
Back