Assignment For Badge

Sponsored Links
I suppose the can be modified for a quick check on any two or more wire connectors.
Sure they can. Many of the ones sold for computer cabling use have jacks for 8P8C modular, 6P6C modular and USB, with the jacks using line 1 up to whatever the maximum number of pins is needed. But you can also get units which work the same way and have 1/4-inch or 3½mm jacks for mono and/or stereo audio leads, 3-pin XLR, etc.

But with the ones which only have 8P8C modular, you only need to make up adapter leads to whatever connectors you need.

I made up loads of adaptors for mine. When we were wiring theatres we used it for testing panels like this

e9f9ceea.jpg

It saved so much time it paid for it's self within minutes.

Sponsored Links
Are you doing this aiming towards a badge?

I'm not sure there is an electrical plug wiring one :)

there should be a an electrical plug wiring one icon_smile.gif

When we wired plugs in physics at school, the earth pin had a rivet through it to prevent us plugging them in.

And the Cat 5 tester works using a shed-load of diodes in the remote unit. I think it works by pulling each pin high in turn with all the others low. Each pin as a forward-bias diode to all other pins (or just some others). Probably like this:
Although I would remove most of the diodes and do it like this:

I got one of those "thingys" £2.49 inc postage from fleabay , I am minded to open it up to see if it is indeed wired as you said (I suspect you must probably be correct ) I suppose your reduced diodes version would be almost equally effective in most practical instances.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back