Attaching Dart Board to a Brick Wall, 'How to'

^^ What he said.
SDS in this case stands for sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Sponsored Links
Just an update, gave up on he dartboard so decided to put up the 'garden storage bench. total time 30 minutes !
4 Hours later and a an absolute stinking row with other half, decided '%^£k it - Now on my 5th Beer
Wife took a picture of the ' DIY zone' where it looked like 'Mission Control' for the Apollo Mission, and sent it to her friends, which was nice :cry:
All for a %^&* Dart Board,
Have a Good Weekend :eek:

There is an offer one for one of these - Makita DHP482ZW 18v LXT White Combi Drill, Would this be OK?
  • Electric brake
  • 2 mechanical gears
  • Variable speed control by trigger
  • Forward/reverse rotation
  • Twin LED job light
  • Ergonomic soft grip
  • Keyless Chuck
  • Compact and lightweight design
  • Equipped with Battery protection circuit: designed to protect the battery from damages due to overdischarge, high temperature or overload current
  • Metal gears
  • White edition

Sponsored Links
Buy Makita stuff with confidence - its one of the better makes. I've no idea what the White edition is though!
John :)

I do but it's so old it's from :eek: - Just fancy getting a decent one that's all - was just wanting confirmation this could cope with the brick wall, have ordered the Bosch Drill bits from screw fix, so hoping these could do the job.
Cheers

Just because it's old doesn't mean it's cr@p. I've got an orange Black and Decker hammer drill from about 1980 and it's as good as any equivalent new one.
But hey, it's your money.

Fixing at 5'8 when I get the drill bits from Screwfix.
In reply to Stivino her are current drill details
Woolworths upload_2020-4-6_12-54-59.jpeg 500w hammer drill corded.
upload_2020-4-6_12-54-59.jpeg

Champion I am guessing/hoping the very cheap drill bits were the problem

Champion I am guessing/hoping the very cheap drill bits were the problem

yes, never ever buy cheap drill bits, them bosch ones though are pucker, there the only ones i'll buy

my father in law phoned me in a panic once he was trying to put a blind up and it was going horribly wrong, i was out shopping with the missus at the time, i already had a drill in the car as i had been out the day before helping a mate with some decking in his garden. anyway i was in b&m and couldn't be bothered to go home get my drill bits then go to her dads as they were in opposite directions, we were already in B&M bargain shop so saw they had a masonry bit for £2, i thought that's got to last at least 4 screw holes......

boy was i wrong, it made half a hole before showing signs of buckling, it couldn't handle the heat, i straightened it by hand (that's how soft it was after 1 use) and managed to drill the remaining holes, slowly and with a lot of breaks, to be honest i should have just gone home and picked up my proper bits, took me twice as long messing about with the cheap one. i'll never be making that mistake again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back