Baby travelling without parents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok.. maybe not the correct place to post, but as i post here regularily it may be a start. (after all we are all friends............)

My fiancee and I are off to hawaii :D :D for our honeymoon and our daughter is going to gran canaria with her grandparents for two weeks... now she is 2 and now looks nothing like her passport.

Are there likely to be any issues regarding the grandparents (who have a different surname to our daughter) travelling with a baby?..
Is there a consent form that we should sign... theoretically if not then what would stop anyone taking a baby out of the country on any baby passport especially as she doesnt look like the photo anymore,,,

Sponsored Links
i tried that, spent 25 minutes (of work time) trying to speak to someone who knows!...
and as yet they havent replied to an email!

useless unless you go in person.. and i'm not driving 200miles to newport to ask. :rolleyes: :idea: :rolleyes:

why not phone up several airlines [especialy the ones your going to use]and ask them!!!!

and you could try a travel agents as they have "there bibles" for guidance

Sponsored Links
A couple of rohypnol in the sma and stash the baby in the hold. ;)

Its primarily the airline who would be the only organisation to be likely to have any concerns.

Theoretically the British Immigration ( Home Office ) might have a concern but they are so overstretched ( or think they are ) that they are unlikely to create any bother.

What I suggest is that you and husband write a letter explaining who you are and who the grandparents are and enclosing a copy of both your passports so they can present them to anyone who has any concerns.

Be aware that anyone who has any concerns is probably only trying to be "doing the right thing". Your letter will allay their fears.

Most airlines allow "babes in arms" to be carried free as they dont occupy a seat. Some however do require then to be in a "cot" at the front against a bulkhead and may charge an extra fee.

Make sure you have the baby confirmed with the airline!

Tony

Be aware that anyone who has any concerns is probably only trying to be "doing the right thing". Your letter will allay their fears.

It's quite true that if someone ever has a problem with immigration officials then a pre-written letter of explanation will quickly sort things out.....Not.

Back