Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Bambergaspipe said:
er
Bamber see my post

I have . Check the Gas regs ;)

I have

and they state that the BBU MUST be in position but dont mention that it MUST be in use as a conventional boiler

as you said your self and I quote

"Unless you reroute the gas supply to feed the fire only. "

to which I stated that this IS possible with the BBU's isolator as it has four settings

1 both
2 off
3 BBU only
4 Fire only

without which it would make servicing mighty fun wouldnt it

Again I repeat that it is possible to isolate the isolator from the BBU ergo

what YOU said

unless that is you are wrong, but that wouldnt be possible would it ;)

Bambergaspipe said:
Shove them up your a*a**e :idea:
You are obviously an ignorant buffoon, how is the bbu disconnected if the fire is still live :?:

If you are leaving gas fires on connected to back boilers you are breaking the Law. Unless you reroute the gas supply to feed the fire only.
Has anyone done their acs around here :?: Ollski obviously has not.

Lol why don't you come back in a few years Bamber when you have a clue?. Providing the fire pilot is not dependant on the bbu and the decommission meets the following it is fine:

F & R pipes disconnected and left obvious and capped, disconection of bbu electrics and sealing of airways. Must be approved by manufacturer of course and have a sticker fitted on the fire afterwards.

The back boiler must be disabled from a gas supply. Not isolated via something which is nothing more than a ball fix valve. Jeez :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Bambergaspipe said:
The back boiler must be disabled from a gas supply. Not isolated via something which is nothing more than a ball fix valve. Jeez :rolleyes:

Hehe wow now you don't look stupid Bamber :D , how far back will this backtrack roll?

Bambergaspipe said:

You really must pay more attention bamber

I didnt say just to turn the "balofix" as you call it. I said to set it to Gas fire only and CAP IT OF to the BBU

corgiman said:
Bambergaspipe said:

You really must pay more attention bamber

I didnt say just to turn the "balofix" as you call it. I said to set it to Gas fire only and CAP IT OF to the BBU

Set it to whatever you like Bigmouth, it still does not isolate \ disable the back boiler. I can`t believe I am supposed to be talking to gas fitters here. Is this a windup.. :?:

Bambergaspipe said:
disconection of bbu
:eek: :eek: :eek:

You have just made a rope for your own neck. I`d laugh if I didn`t think you were so dangerous.

Bamber I would educate you but if you cannot fathom a simple sentence I fear my time would be wasted

disconection of bbu electrics

CM has already helped you out with the basics. Of course I'm not dangerous but your trolling posts can be when they are so completely wrong.

Hehe wow now you don't look stupid Bamber :D , how far back will this backtrack roll?

At this moment in time you are looking pretty stupid, do you have a valid point...make it..stop embarrassing yourself & crawl back under your rock until someone else makes a comment.

Bamber is right on this one yea got to isolate em both.

Old Chineese froverb ....

Dino,s dont keep up with current regs so he starve himself o0f knowledge.

Bambergaspipe said:
do you have a valid point...make it..stop embarrassing yourself & crawl back under your rock until someone else makes a comment.

Err yes I do, the post below is completely wrong, I am sat here reading the procedure from the Bg / Corgi aspect magazine article on decommissioning a bbu.

Bambergaspipe said:
The answer is ``no`` the back boiler & fire are one unit you cannot completely disable the back boiler gaswise, if you have gas feeding the fire it passes through the same valve feeding the back boiler. You have to turn off & isolate both. I`m surprised at the advice you are being given on here.

[
quote="ollski"]
Bambergaspipe said:
do you have a valid point...make it..stop embarrassing yourself & crawl back under your rock until someone else makes a comment.

Err yes I do, the post below is completely wrong, I am sat here reading the procedure from the Bg / Corgi aspect magazine article on decommissioning a bbu.

Tell me the procedure then , you are spouting off about isolating the electrics from bbu, so what, nothing to do with the gas supply, come on then , for a change have the balls to stand & fight your corner without your backup. Ready?.. You will last about three sentences... ;)

waiting...you won`t either mate, you haven`t got the balls to make your own point, you always skulk around waiting for someone else to have a pop then stick the boot in. Gutless p*rick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back