Back boilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOB D.O.L.E said:
Bamber is right on this one yea got to isolate em both.

Old Chineese froverb ....

Dino,s dont keep up with current regs so he starve himself o0f knowledge.

he didnt actually say that he said

"Unless you reroute the gas supply to feed the fire only. "

which doesnt equate to disconnectiing them both

I said that I cannot see why you cannot use the fire as long as the BBU is still present and connected to the fire, after all the gas fire is able to be in use when the BBU is idle isnt it?

so as long as the fire and the BBU are connected to each at the flue why cant you use the fire is the BBU is no longer being used as a heater?

My understanding of the Regs is that a BBU and its componant fire place MUST be treated as a single unit (hence why CEN1 covers the service, maintainance and installation of said doings and you done need HRT1 and CEN1)

I will be calling the yappy dog on monday to ask about this just to clear it up for my mind.

As I said I have never done this or am I ever likely too but as far as I can see in THE GAS SAFETY (INSTALLATION AND USE) REGULATIONS 1998 and the CORGI book I can see now reason why this cannot be the case.

Sponsored Links
Alfies Revenge said:
The 1st time i changed a back boiler for a combi i took the back boiler an gas fire out. Is it ok to disconnect the flow and return to the back boiler and leave it in so i dont disturb the gas fire

To clear matters up, my response to this question, as it stands, was ``no``.
I stand by that reply.

I said that I cannot see why you cannot use the fire as long as the BBU is still present and connected to the fire, after all the gas fire is able to be in use when the BBU is idle isnt it? SAID CORGIMAN

I will be calling the yappy dog on monday to ask about this just to clear it up for my mind. SAID CORGIMAN

Here,s a bone to chew on corgi man try ringing BAXI and yea will find that the yappi dog will say always refare to the manufactures...

And they say disconnect them both... SAID GOD.

which is why I asked for a BAxi guy to comment

ho hum I will call baxi on monday and let you know whether Humble Pie is going to be my tea

:)

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
which is why I asked for a BAxi guy to comment

ho hum I will call baxi on monday and let you know whether Humble Pie is going to be my tea

:)

It will be like a custerd pie in yea face corgi cant wait for mondey to see you groffel HE HE HEE...............

Bambergaspipe said:
[
quote="ollski"]
Bambergaspipe said:
do you have a valid point...make it..stop embarrassing yourself & crawl back under your rock until someone else makes a comment.

Err yes I do, the post below is completely wrong, I am sat here reading the procedure from the Bg / Corgi aspect magazine article on decommissioning a bbu.

Tell me the procedure then , you are spouting off about isolating the electrics from bbu, so what, nothing to do with the gas supply, come on then , for a change have the balls to stand & fight your corner without your backup. Ready?.. You will last about three sentences... ;)

waiting...you won`t either mate, you haven`t got the balls to make your own point, you always skulk around waiting for someone else to have a pop then stick the boot in. Gutless p*rick.

Umm I have already summarized it an much earlier post, but don't let the facts get involved.The wording in the procedure is to seal the gas supply to the bbu and the picture shows a baxi with the 3 way isolator capped on the bbu outlet. If the drivel you posted made any sense I would try to help you but as cm has already bowed out I will too and you can keep this nonsense going with yourself.

Hey Corgi you wanna come on one of mi fishing trips i could do with an extra maggot.

Umm I have already summarized it an much earlier post, but don't let the facts get involved.The wording in the procedure is to seal the gas supply to the bbu and the picture shows a baxi with the 3 way isolator capped on the bbu outlet. If the drivel you posted made any sense I would try to help you but as cm has already bowed out I will too and you can keep this nonsense going with yourself.

If that is the case, then I am wrong & happy to admit it. I can`t be bothered to feverishly scrabble through journals & papers just to prove a point. I gave my opinion & stand by it, I won`t decommission a back boiler & leave the gas fire on. Simple as that. I don`t think any decent gas engineer would. ;)

Bambergaspipe said:

If that is the case, then I am wrong & happy to admit it. I can`t be bothered to feverishly scrabble through journals & papers just to prove a point. I gave my opinion & stand by it, I won`t decommission a back boiler & leave the gas fire on. Simple as that. I don`t think any decent gas engineer would. ;)

You are still a gutless p*rick.

a baxi bbu can be used as a fire only. and thats from baxi's mouth.

remove gas valve and burner.
cap bbu outlet on 3 way valve.
remove electrics.
appropiate label to be attached.
spillage, flue flow...yadda yadda......

ignore bamber. the old goat is just stuck in his ways.

nickso said:

remove electrics.

This is complete rubbish i have been to Baxi Training and this is one of the topics we covered.

nickso said:

remove electrics.

Yes, the point is being made that I am wrong. Sorry Corgi, sorry that other bloke,

I`m wrong o.k. I AM WRONG. Let`s go beat up a new kid....

Bambergaspipe said:
nickso said:

remove electrics.

Yes, the point is being made that I am wrong. Sorry Corgi, sorry that other bloke, SAID BAMBER

The trouble with you Bamber you aint no BA.. LLS when it comes down to the cruch, They know they are wrong wait till Monday untill Corgislimball comes A GROFFELING BACK. ........SAID GOD.

BOB D.O.L.E said:
nickso said:

remove electrics.

This is complete rubbish i have been to Baxi Training and this is one of the topics we covered.

you couldnt have been paying much attention then.

Bamber had the guts to admit he was wrong Bob. I think you should pay more attention.

The BBU and fire have symbiotic flue systems, hence to keep on using the fire you must leave the boiler in place. With the burners, gas valve and controls removed all it has become is a very heavy mounting frame.

What happens when you want to use the fire with the boiler off or vice versa? Nothing they work poerfectly well. If the boiler has been removed for any reason other than gas or flue problems then the fire can stay put as long as there is no way for the gas to pass to the former boiler assembly. CM said this could be done by using a cap. I originally posted sparse information on the assumption that the OP was going to get more information/an engineer to do the work but was merely researching possibilities a mistake? Maybe...

Now stop wasting everyones time FFS.

fair dues Bamber - I respect your Volte-face

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back