Back boilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan_Robinson said:
Bamber had the guts to admit he was wrong Bob. I think you should pay more attention.

The BBU and fire have symbiotic flue systems, hence to keep on using the fire you must leave the boiler in place. With the burners, gas valve and controls removed all it has become is a very heavy mounting frame.

What happens when you want to use the fire with the boiler off or vice versa? Nothing they work poerfectly well. If the boiler has been removed for any reason other than gas or flue problems then the fire can stay put as long as there is no way for the gas to pass to the former boiler assembly. CM said this could be done by using a cap. I originally posted sparse information on the assumption that the OP was going to get more information/an engineer to do the work but was merely researching possibilities a mistake? Maybe...

Stop waisting peoples time with all this mumbo jumbo.

Wait till monday and see the humbbled corgiman squerm like a dog.

Now stop wasting everyones time FFS.

Sponsored Links
Oh, sorry I didn't realise you couldn't work the internet. It is difficult is it not?

All those html switches - turn quote on, paste text, turn quote off, write pointless inaccurate comment, press submit.

It must be so challenging for those with the intellect of a pubic louse.

For your benefit I shall paraphrase your last load of sh1te:

B.O.B. Dole wrote

Bamber had the guts to admit he was wrong Bob. I think you should pay more attention.

The BBU and fire have symbiotic flue systems, hence to keep on using the fire you must leave the boiler in place. With the burners, gas valve and controls removed all it has become is a very heavy mounting frame.

What happens when you want to use the fire with the boiler off or vice versa? Nothing they work poerfectly well. If the boiler has been removed for any reason other than gas or flue problems then the fire can stay put as long as there is no way for the gas to pass to the former boiler assembly. CM said this could be done by using a cap. I originally posted sparse information on the assumption that the OP was going to get more information/an engineer to do the work but was merely researching possibilities a mistake? Maybe...

Stop waisting peoples time with all this mumbo jumbo.

Wait till monday and see the humbbled corgiman squerm like a dog.

Now stop wasting everyones time FFS.

Sponsored Links
Dan_Robinson said:
Hey man if I was right half as much as my wife was wrong I would be a very happy man!

In fact that is my new signature!

How the f*ck do you do a signature :cry: ;) I think it would be pretty cool.

Thanks Dan the Man, here goes.... Hooray! (small things, small minds etc).

BOB you are a very nawty boy

as for me being a spare maggot on your fishing trip well I hope you have a HUGE hook and some serious line.

best to use me for bait of the cornish coast as the great white is about the only fish that could make a meal of me.

Bamber if you are wrong then well done, but I am not so sure, as I keep saying I cant SEE how it is wrong, which is miles aware from saying I AM SURE its ok.

As for squiming and grovelling well I dont do that ever but I do admit to being wrong when I am wrong. and if baxi time me that it is wrong well then I would say that its hardley the end of the world and I am sure I will lose very little sleep over it.

but we will see on monday wont we :)

Bambergaspipe said:
Shove them up your a*a**e :idea:
You are obviously an ignorant buffoon

Bambergaspipe said:
Has anyone done their acs around here :?: Ollski obviously has not.

Bambergaspipe said:
I`d laugh if I didn`t think you were so dangerous.

Bambergaspipe said:
At this moment in time you are looking pretty stupid.

Bambergaspipe said:
Gutless p*rick.

Bambergaspipe said:
I won`t decommission a back boiler & leave the gas fire on. Simple as that. I don`t think any decent gas engineer would.

Bambergaspipe said:
You are still a gutless p*rick.

Lol maybe...............I'm right though ;)

corgiman said:
to which I stated that this IS possible with the BBU's isolator as it has four settings

1 both
2 off
3 BBU only
4 Fire only

It has three settings

1,2 and 3

Baxi technical bulletin Addendum 'A' 04/03/2003
Tech bulletin ref E/T/S/22/02 (A) states
Baxi potterton will not condone the continued use of the firefront with the BBU decommisisoned

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back