Back to School!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That's borisconi's decree...

The virus is suddenly less of a risk now his poll ratings have plummeted...

And despite pledging otherwise previously, parents can be fined for not sending their kids back to school.

So should a pupil contract the virus (or even die) because their parents were forced to send them back, could they sue?

Not that borisconi cares, as it would end up being the taxpayer who pays up in any event!

Personally I wouldn't have had a problem with our kids attending school at this time, but then they are all now past that age...

Sponsored Links
Am all for it, if it means they close pubs as they touted once! :)

It's not illegal to home school. If parents are that worried then they can always keep em at home and not get fined..

I saw this yesterday, made me laugh.. wonder if covid also causes memory loss...
118280592_3438254362871637_4773960582619236183_o.jpg

It's not illegal to home school. If parents are that worried then they can always keep em at home and not get fined..
Ah yes, but then they lose their school place and thus often friendship groups...

And a parent can't then work as before, so loss of income...

Plus there are the exam fee costs...

And it counts against when applying for college/university.

So in theory a nice idea, but...

wonder if covid also causes memory loss...
The government are banking on it!

Ah yes, but then they lose their school place and thus often friendship groups...

And a parent can't then work as before, so loss of income...

Plus there are the exam fee costs...

And it counts against when applying for college/university.

So in theory a nice idea, but...

!
Yeah, I know all of the above (except possibly college/uni as can take exams in school like all other kids). I was just referring to the forced back to school or get a fine thing. If parents are truly worried, they can avoid that.

Tbh, all of the parents around here can't wait for their kids to go back to school, had enough of them at home and need a break!

Sponsored Links
It is time. But the suggestion that kids do not spread it us utter *******s. My wife and I both got it from our son, who caught it from his class mates - and his teacher who has been having treatment for cancer also got it. Kids spread it.

But, we need to get them back in school. The teachers and heads are all pretty scared as they are the most vulnerable, but they are working hard to make it as safe as possible. I feel for the kids going into year 7 (secondary) for the first time - it is going to make the change seem so much worse.

But the suggestion that kids do not spread it us utter *******s. My wife and I both got it from our son, who caught it from his class mates - and his teacher who has been having treatment for cancer also got it. Kids spread it.
But I'm obviously assuming that you got over it relatively easily...

So what level of risk are people in general willing to accept?

Kids get over the flu pretty quickly, but they can equally spread it to those who are more vulnerable and more likely to get a more serious dose...

History will hopefully resolve what this current virus is and how lethal it is in the grand scale of things ...

Yes, we were OK, just mild infection. I support schools opening, but people need to know that there is risk. The government recently implied that these was no risk at all, and kids were safer in school. A lot of vulnerable parents pretty shocked by this mad suggestion.

Yes, we were OK, just mild infection. I support schools opening, but people need to know that there is risk. The government recently implied that these was no risk at all, and kids were safer in school. A lot of vulnerable parents pretty shocked by this mad suggestion.
I think it's simply total ineptitude from the top leading to total confusion for teachers and parents!

Did you get tested?

How do you know it was COVID then? Both myself and partner had a dose of high temperatures and breathlessness in December, partner has had an antibody test, which came back negative.

Well, I had most of the symptoms, as did other members of my family, and we had been in close contact with people that had been tested. My symptoms included:
  • shortness of breath
  • coughing
  • headaches
  • total loss of smell and taste (def. not slight loss as with colds etc)
  • back pain (chest infection)
  • upset stomach
  • extreme tiredness (almost fell asleep driving home one day)
  • all over aching muscles
My wife had similar symptoms, but did not lose smell, taste. My son had a rash on hands, headache, stomach ache, coughing, sleepyness.

Highly unlikely it was anything else.

Well, I had most of the symptoms, as did other members of my family, and we had been in close contact with people that had been tested. My symptoms included:
  • shortness of breath
  • coughing
  • headaches
  • total loss of smell and taste (def. not slight loss as with colds etc)
  • back pain (chest infection)
  • upset stomach
  • extreme tiredness (almost fell asleep driving home one day)
  • all over aching muscles
My wife had similar symptoms, but did not lose smell, taste. My son had a rash on hands, headache, stomach ache, coughing, sleepyness.

Highly unlikely it was anything else.

Well my partner's were

Shortness of breath
Loss of taste smell.
Fatigue
Persistent cough
High temperature
Muscular pain.

Was not COVID though and had been exposed to a positive tested co-worker. So unfortunately you don't know what you and your family had.

Maybe the antibody test failed. And not everybody develops antibodies.
When you have all the symptoms of an illness that is widely circulating, and those symptoms are pretty unique and specific to the disease in circulation, then it is incredibly unlikely you had something else. I mean, it is possible I didn't have covid, just something that was just like it in every way ... but not found another virus that causes all those symptoms, so tend to think it was covid.

Sponsored Links
Back