Back to School!

Corona just means it looks like a crown - as do the cold and flu virus.

You're getting muddled .

Flu viruses are a separate genus from coronaviruses. Alphainfluenzavirus, beta, and gamma can infect humans.

Coronaviruses are alpha, beta , delta, and gamma coronaviruses.

Sponsored Links
If I had a pound for everyone who has "definitely had covid", but hasn't been tested for it, is have quite a few more quid than I currently do.

Funny, every year people say "I had the flu". or "I caught a really bad cold" based on their symptoms, and nobody questions it.

Anyway, loss of smell in coronavirus is not the same as loss of smell with colds and flu. With colds / flu, it is due to blockages in the nose. When I lost all sense of smell and taste for 3 weeks (I ate raw garlic, sniffed curry powder, and countless other things, and could detect nothing at all) I had a totally clear nose. I had no blocked nose, no sneezing, none of the symptoms you get when you have a cold or flu) and I have had a fair few of both in my years).

So, even though I do not have a piece of paper to prove that I caught coronavirus, I am certain that I had it. There is no other explanation - it was not a cold or flu, I know that for sure!

unny, every year people say "I had the flu". or "I caught a really bad cold" based on their symptoms, and nobody questions it.

I disagree. At least in my experience, if anyone claims they've had the flu, the usual response is cynicism, along with "if you'd really had the flu, you couldn't even have lifted your head off the pillow".

Sponsored Links
It was said in the beginning that the cold, flu and covid19 were related so there must be some similarities.

Funny, every year people say "I had the flu". or "I caught a really bad cold" based on their symptoms, and nobody questions it.

Anyway, loss of smell in coronavirus is not the same as loss of smell with colds and flu. With colds / flu, it is due to blockages in the nose. When I lost all sense of smell and taste for 3 weeks (I ate raw garlic, sniffed curry powder, and countless other things, and could detect nothing at all) I had a totally clear nose. I had no blocked nose, no sneezing, none of the symptoms you get when you have a cold or flu) and I have had a fair few of both in my years).

So, even though I do not have a piece of paper to prove that I caught coronavirus, I am certain that I had it. There is no other explanation - it was not a cold or flu, I know that for sure!
I don’t think you had it.

It was said in the beginning that the cold, flu and covid19 were related so there must be some similarities.
Hardly...

One of those causes inconvenience

One of those causes the usual seasonal death rate...

And one of those causes a slightly higher seasonal death rate, creates a panic, and wrecks the global economy...

Nor do I, but it sounds as if he so desperately wants to have had it, maybe we should humour him.

And in further news this morning, latest research reckons between 1 in 8 and 1 in 4 people caught the 'rona in hospital.

Except for everyone who has definitely had it though, naturally ;)

Hardly...

One of those causes inconvenience

One of those causes the usual seasonal death rate...

And one of those causes a slightly higher seasonal death rate, creates a panic, and wrecks the global economy...
And one of those could be made in a laboratory.

Sponsored Links
Back