Backdoor - easy enough to detach and re-attach?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to get a massive fridge freezer in through the back door. The choice I have is do I

a) remove doors from fridge and re-attach
b) Remove back door then re-attach

I am inclined to go with b) as there is it is not just doors that need to be attached on the fridge, there are wires and pipes which bothers me a bit.

Here is the back door:

Here are the hinges, three of them in total.

Is it easy enough to unscrew the screws from the three hinges and reattach door afterwards by screwing in screws again to exact same place?

If so, should I unscrew the screws to the left of the hinge (door frame) or the right (the door itself)?

Sponsored Links
Easy job to unscrew, no hidden dangers apart from the weight, unscrew hinges from the frame leaving them on the door that way its easier to re hang just by sliding the hinges back into their slots, you may need a hand though to lift and hold while you locate the screws into existing holes

have you checked theres no pinch points inside that may need the fridge doors removed
use a cardboard/hardboard cutout the shape off the base if its tight before you take any doors off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back