Votes: 7 63.6%
  • no

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so the dipsticks at Barclaycard have lost my cheque. they received it and presented it. it got bounced as funds were not cleared in my account (a day early FFS)
since then they have bombarded me with electronic messages and the numpty staff ringing at unsociallable hours. despite numerous times saying to them to stop the calls they persist. W******s
so they ring i look at number answer it and put the phone on the side leaving the electronic voice to talk to itself :evil:
if they ring and actually ask for me i now just say hang on i'll get him and again stick the phone on the side!!
they might just one day get the message that i am not listening to their recorded message no matter how many times they ring.

coupled with this i have received "silent" calls from them on 0845 3007027 this is of course illegal so they have been duely reported to OFCOM who have already prosecuted them for this to the tune of £50K. looks like the will be prosecuted again if enough of us complain and it will cost them £200k
so if you like me are being harrassed by these parasites complain to OFCOM and the ICO and maybe someone will get their butts kicked!

Sponsored Links
If you are unhappy with your present card supplier,tell em to take a running jump and find another.

Barclaycard once rang me up and asked for my date of birth as identification. When I told them they said I was wrong and couldn't discuss anything further.

so you're mad at them because you bounced a cheque and haven't sent the payment owed again, so they keep phoning you to get their money?
pay them and they'll stop ringing you..

Sponsored Links
so you're mad at them because you bounced a cheque and haven't sent the payment owed again, so they keep phoning you to get their money?

No read the post again.
the point i am trying get an answer to & which the poll asks is
Do you think it should be illegal to harrass people by electronic messages.

nothing can be done about a bounced cheque on a friday at 5pm which is when i found out. so how do they expect you to sort out a replacement before Monday? also i hope that you never find yourself in the situation of having debts. i have been loyal to B/C for 28 years! they in turn treat people like this by continual harrassment which i personally find unacceptable. 27 calls in 4 days despite already having discussed the issue with them!

and yes they have already been sent a replacement cheque as they have lost the original instead of just representing it.

kev, I agree its a little out of order for them to keep harassing you. But at the end of the day, your account it in debt and they want payment. I had the same with HSBC credit card. A couple of times I forgot to pay on time, both times they kept ringing me until the money had actually been cleared on the card. Again, a couple of these were "we cant be arsed dialling your number so please wait for an operator to take your call" f*** off. As soon as the moneys cleared they will stop.

And sorry, but instead of answering it and leaving it on the side why dont you just leave it to ring off? Thats what caller display is there for! :rolleyes:

And sorry, but instead of answering it and leaving it on the side why dont you just leave it to ring off? Thats what caller display is there for! :rolleyes:

no its more fun to answer it as i've now discovered pressing any button, then 5, then 1 puts them on hold!! call duration 6 mins 14 seconds :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i'm not of the nervous disposition and like to wind them up. but the point i'm making is vulnerable people can be very frightened by this sort of bullying and as said before i think it should be outlawed.

Barclaycard once rang me up and asked for my date of birth as identification. When I told them they said I was wrong and couldn't discuss anything further.

perhaps your mum lied to you and your really 10 years older :LOL: :LOL:

image of a 19year old schoolboy in short trousers LOL

If you are unhappy with your present card supplier,tell em to take a running jump and find another.

Very good point, and transfer the balance to another. Do this every 3-9 months.

Put the boot on the other foot coljack. When your chasing money out of landlords or property agents, who's helping the 'self employed guy' out then? Nobody. The laws the same for both though. You can 'place' hundreds of calls, all of which get you nowhere.

Sit tight Kev.

David.

I actually am in debt to them.. I've maxed out my card in the past 12 months since becoming unemployed.. I made the rather foolish mistake of taking out cash on the card to make the minimum payments on it.. and buying groceries when my other funds ran out, all on the foolish notion of "I'll be back in work next month and I'll be fine then"..
so now I can no longer borrow their money to pay them with and they are threatening the balifs..
when I contact them they say " you don't have an arrangement in place with us, contact a debt management service and they will arrage it.", but when I contact the debt management people, they won't help me because all I can afford each month is £20.. and that's stretching it.. catch 22..

now, my financial problems aside, my advice is sound, if you provide them with the money they stop bothering you..
they are available on weekends by phone and accept payments by card, so you could pay straight from your current account over the phone..
27 times in 4 days does seem over the top though, if you explain the situation rather then leave the with dead air then they might not boter ringing back that day.. doing that resolves nothing and forces them to call back..

as for transfering the ballance every 3-9 months, you do realise that you pay a percentage when you transfer it, so the debt just gets bigger..?

Col, if i'm prying tell me to **** off....but if you write to them and advise them how much you can actually pay and ask them to freeze interest they should do this.

If you cannot pay you cannot pay and if they refuse to do this of their own accord they can be forced to do this. Either way if you have offered to pay, no matter how small an amount (if it is honestly all you can afford) it will make it near on impossible for them to get a court to agree to allow baliffs to collect goods.

I've written to them twice, and the silly cow in mumbai still hasn't got a record of it on her computer despite being recoded delivery.... so I'll be writing to them again monday with another letter from the cccs and a budget to show that I cannot even afford the £20 I send them every week..
it's not like I'm deliberately trying to screw them, I'd file for bankruptcy if I wanted to do that, and I have every intention of paying off the debt eventually when I am working again..

as for transfering the ballance every 3-9 months, you do realise that you pay a percentage when you transfer it, so the debt just gets bigger..?

not necessarily as the transfer percentage is usually 3 - 9% current barclaycard rate 24.9%.

Halifax tried to hike it to 29.45% i moved that account to virgin for a 6% fee and no interest for 9 months.

I've written to them twice, and the silly cow in mumbai still hasn't got a record of it on her computer despite being recoded delivery.... so I'll be writing to them again monday with another letter from the cccs and a budget to show that I cannot even afford the £20 I send them every week..
it's not like I'm deliberately trying to screw them, I'd file for bankruptcy if I wanted to do that, and I have every intention of paying off the debt eventually when I am working again..

OK, well if you keep a copy of the letters and a copy of the receipt from the recorded mail this will help if you ever need to defend yourself in a CCJ.

If you are doding everything you can and are being honest with them their are many safeguards, a lot which have only come about since the 'Credit Crunch' (I hate that term...it is a recession!). I used to do a bit of work at the CAB, although this wasn't my 'thing', I learnt a lot about it and they can do some great things.

Sponsored Links
Back