Baroness Warsi

I

imamartian

Why the hell do they describe her as the first Muslim woman to serve in a British cabinet..? what's religion got to do with it. Did they mention that Cameron was the youngest Christian/Catholic/Atheist/vulcan to become PM? no.

Stop telling us what religion people are... let them tell us if they wish, otherwise, it's a private matter.

Tell us she's the first woman of Asian/Pakistani origin to become party chair if you wish, that's fine !!

Sponsored Links
Why the hell do they describe her as the first Muslim woman to serve in a British cabinet..? what's religion got to do with it. Did they mention that Cameron was the youngest Christian/Catholic/Atheist/vulcan to become PM? no.

Stop telling us what religion people are... let them tell us if they wish, otherwise, it's a private matter.

Tell us she's the first woman of Asian/Pakistani origin to become party chair if you wish, that's fine !!

Earlier on the news today, and posted in many papers around the world was the sentence "Brits PM Youngest in 200 years"!! When Obama became president, he was "The US's first black president!"

People like 'new' things, just is the way they are.

Just the same when the media say things like ' the millionaire golfer, Tiger Woods' ( for example) we know he's a millionaire for goodness sake, but I doubt if things will ever change :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

Earlier on the news today, and posted in many papers around the world was the sentence "Brits PM Youngest in 200 years"!! When Obama became president, he was "The US's first black president!"

but can you see "white" anywhere in.... "black, young, muslim"?

but can you see "white" anywhere in.... "black, young, muslim"?

...? I think we might have missed the boat a bit on the first white president/cabinet member.

.....the exciting, handsome, rich, enigmatic, humorous and popular Lifesagasman..........

I see....

Thin edge of a wedge...first of many, no doubt.
Apparently not if she has anything to do with it. She was quoted as saying "Muslims that go to Parliament don't have any morals or principles"
BTW, I think that was after she claimed over £50,000 in expenses last year :eek: so I guess she should know

So Obama was the first Black President, I have no problem on that being in the news as it's factual and of course, for once in the media, it's true ;)

Oh I do beg your pardon Skitzee, let me give you the whole quote:
"One of the lessons we have learned in the last 5 years in politics is that Muslims that go to parliament don't have any morals or principles". She was justifying why she doesn't want to see any more Muslims MPs.
So how was it taken out of context?

but why do we only say Sikh this, or muslim that... we never say catholic police officer, or christian fireman....

we should get less hooked up on religious beliefs...

"One of the lessons we have learned in the last 5 years in politics is that Muslims that go to parliament don't have any morals or principles". She was justifying why she doesn't want to see any more Muslims MPs.

Because the quote you are giving doesn't tell you that she was replying to calls by a muslim to have more muslim MPs, in which she was having a go at the 4 Muslim (labour) MPs, who she considered were immoral.
"I would actually disagree with that because one of the lessons we have learned in the last five years in politics is that Muslims that go to parliament don't have any morals or principles. Not everyone is Lord Ahmed, not everyone puts their community before their own career."

Because the quote you are giving doesn't tell you that she was replying to calls by a muslim to have more muslim MPs, in which she was having a go at the 4 Muslim (labour) MPs, who she considered were immoral.
"I would actually disagree with that because one of the lessons we have learned in the last five years in politics is that Muslims that go to parliament don't have any morals or principles. Not everyone is Lord Ahmed, not everyone puts their community before their own career."
That's what I said :rolleyes: It matters not who or what she was responding to or who in particular she was criticising, the fact is she was saying exactly what I said she was :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back