Bastards have nicked my tools

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm bloody livid! Gone onto my building site this morning to find my 18v Makita combi drill, impact driver and 36v Bosch sds have been nicked.

Kind of irritated at myself as well. Site only protected by wooden sheet propped up so I suppose any opportunist could guess there might be tools there. Either way I’m gutted. Getting so close to installing a lockable door and this happens.

Funds are super limited so I’ve just ordered another Makita combi drill but will have to leave the impact driver and 36v sds.

They have clearly gone for the smaller easily sold items - my corded drill, stone saw, circular saw and chainsaw were left thank god. Now locked in the house.

Keeping my eye open on fleabay, scumtree and Shpock for my gear.

Sponsored Links
Mark your next tools, and at least have fun buying new stuff, and I hope you find the little shytes. Oh, and put curse on anyone that nicks any more of your tools

Lowlife scum.
I buy all my stuff from outlets and with a receipt. I point blank refuse to give license to any of the internet/media based junk sellers and I refuse to buy hooky gear out the back of vans etc. I've lost count of the amount of times other trades people have told me that you can get it cheaper off so-and-so.
You live by, you die by in my opinion.

Facebook Marketplace seems to have a lot of drills without chargers , 110v tools etc for sale. You may find yours on there.

Sponsored Links
Gumtree too, I always flick through to see if there's anything to tempt me but it never has as well as you never know if your buying nicked gear

Best of luck trying to get it back. I had a few grands worth of cordless Makita taken some years back. Never turned up. It was all Brushless stuff so I'd imagine it went to someone who knew what it was. Bastards

Mate, I am so sorry. Just before xmas my van was broken into - side door - and a couple of Hilti drills, a Makita SDS and a Makita jigsaw were nicked. The neighbours had CCTV which recorded them leaving the van at 1.04am. Polis not interested. So I put it about and eventually was told 'it looks like....'. Further 'investigation' revealed it was '......' so a visit to his house, which was unanswered, then his neighbours followed. They were not surprised. I have a friend who is a DJ on a local radio station. It went out at 4pm, just when the kids are being picked up etc - hoping he and his kids heard it.
This, as I said, was a couple of months ago. The neighbours have said they will ring me when they see him. Maybe he's in prison. Maybe they are trying to prevent my going there, cos if I do catch up with him........
Am I allowed to state his name? OK, a pseudonym; Well, lets call him Carl, from, lets say Bedford......
I haven't forgotten, 'Carl'.
Hope you get your stuff back mate.

That's good to see, but are the tools there from nationwide police forces? I'm a long way from Solihull.
Thanks for posting that.

Contact your local police station, and ask what their policy is for auctioning off recovered tools.

Contact your local police station, and ask what their policy is for auctioning off recovered tools.

sell what's left after plod has taken their pick ? (I wrote that out loud, didn't I ?) But being serious for a moment (which is about my limit these days) I'd be livid too. I don't even like lending tools out.... but there's a strange psychological reason for that ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tbh I didn't bother reporting it when it happened to me. The Mrs did, but only to get a crime number. The polis took a week to come, then didn't even want to see the footage. Didn't have time. So, the idea of them taking first dibs doesn't really seem so far fetched.

That's good to see, but are the tools there from nationwide police forces? I'm a long way from Solihull.
Thanks for posting that.

More for the OP, as the local chavs do venture out somewhat.

Thx woody, I understood it was meant for OP, just needed clarification as its something I had considered in the past anyway, or at least the auctions etc.
Nice one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back