Bathroom fitted and supplied

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I have small bathroom which we going to refurbish. We got a quote for £1500 for fitting and tailing everything - which we are happy with. The only thing is our bathroom fitter insist of getting all the supply himself - bath, sink, toilet, towel rail, bath screen, all the taps and sink and toilet cupboard from howdens which come to £1500 as well. Where do I stand with the warranties of the product? My husband is very happy to go with it but i like to to buy things myself. I just would like to know what do you think??

Sponsored Links
He will likely supply you with crap which you don't like.
Don't go down this route under any circumstances.

The towel rail needs to be carefully selected! Especially if its replacing a radiator.

Just let him supply sundries like screwnails, silicone , sealants etc.

He did give me a list of the supplies:
- roca bath, sink plus toilet
- howdens sink and toilet pan
- Bristan bath and sink taps
- towel rail and bath screen unknown
- Triton shower
- bath panels

Sponsored Links
yes. but it is not what i am asking. i know that i should go for bigger size.

I see.
So you are happy with a colder bathroom. Probably a lot colder.

If your on a budget you should just wait until you can afford the larger one.

I can afford to pay 3000 plus the tiles for the bathroom but i dont want to overpay for materials.

Your bathroom fitter may be getting it all from Howdens because he can make a little money on supplying the suite himself but the only way you would find out for sure is to price it all up yourself. If you supplied the bathroom suite then he may charge you more to fit in case of any problems, who knows! He might just be making sure he has everything sorted so can just get on with it without running around after missing bits etc.

Just to add, Howdens usually supply my kitchens and all of the warranty info comes with all of the receipts in a pack for the customer so I would assume the bathroom equivalent would be the same.

I can afford to pay 3000 plus the tiles for the bathroom but i dont want to overpay for materials.

Loosely translated means ....
"I'll be skimping on the size of the towel rail as I'm on a tight budget". :LOL:

Good advice as usual norcon, but I think she gets your point about the towel rail.

It's very simple...

Customer buys - customer is responsible for any guarantees or manufacturers faults.

Fitter buys - fitter is responsible for everything. This is why he has a mark up and it is there for a reason.

It is up to the customer as to how much risk he wishes to take on board.

It's very simple...

Customer buys - customer is responsible for any guarantees or manufacturers faults.

Fitter buys - fitter is responsible for everything. This is why he has a mark up and it is there for a reason.

That isn't correct. If you fit it you are responsible, regardless of who supplied it. Even if you agree with the customer to take no responsibility, you are still responsible.

It's very simple...

That isn't correct. If you fit it you are responsible, regardless of who supplied it. Even if you agree with the customer to take no responsibility, you are still responsible.

This is nonsense, how can someone that has not supplied and been paid for materials be responsible for guaranteeing those materials?

The person or company that has been paid for the materials is responsible for those materials!

If the law has been changed to contradict this, then the law is definitely an ass.

Sponsored Links
Back