Bathroom quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having my bathroom re fitted, fully tiled with a shower and bath etc, it measures about 2m x 3m, no major plumbing to alter etc, i have just received a quote of £2,250 just for the labour, is that the going rate? it seems a crazy price to me

Sponsored Links
Does this include removing existing tiles and making walls/floors good to tile?
Removing the existing suite and dealing with disposal of waste materials?
What type of shower is being installed and what type existed? (ie. electric shower, thermostatic, power shower, any updates to cables or pipework)
Any electrical work required/detailed on the quote?
Bathroom are never straight forward, you have large tiling area, a bath and a shower.
As it stands, it seems quite a reasonable quote, without knowing the full details.

Should have posted a picture,have you got a combination boiler,if so you could put on thermostatic bath/shower taps costing about £80,that would save money.
I charge £350 for a standard bathroom replacement including plumbing parts,takes a day,I don't do tiling why pay plumbers rates when you can get a tiler cheaper.

Thanks guys, yeah i might upload a photo later...
I have a combi and are having thermostatic mixer fitted in shower.
most of the tiles have been removed apart from what i have left round the toilet and sink, the only thing i forgot to mention was i am having cladding on the ceiling with spot light, and a soil pipe which was in the airing cupboard, which has now been knocked through and is in the bathroom, will need boxing in...still seems a steep quote to me, i have a couple of other quotes to come, and see if they have a similar price..
Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
Seems about right to me, mine was very similar to that though your bathroom is bigger, refitting a bathroom actually involves quite a lot of work. I posted all the costs I paid in a thread I made on here. //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/bathroom-project-what-the-plumbers-did.432049/

In mine they originally quoted £1900 but hat included some plumbing reworking and if I'd wanted the walls t be completely re-tiled it was going to be an extra £600.

They weren't the cheapest but then I had difficulty in finding fitters who were prepared to not re-tile every wall and in the end I was pretty happy with it and in my opinion it's worth paying a premium if they're going to do a good job and having someone approachable and who cleans up every evening and you're able to have a productive conversation with about little things you spot as things progress is vital. Everyone said they'd turn it around in five days but this was two guys and they took 8 though they were a bit slack. I always thought five days was optimistic.

The guy I really wanted had so much work on in his local area he wan't even prepared to quote!

That's not expensive. Id suggest that's middle of the road.

I know firms in my neck of the woods who'll charge a lot more than that AND be busy too.

And the person doing it for £350, are you a qualified plumber by chance?

Didn't think so

£350 including all materials!!! Behave mate. You obviously aren't running a kosher business and are a scourge on the trade.

Jon

Should have posted a picture,have you got a combination boiler,if so you could put on thermostatic bath/shower taps costing about £80,that would save money.
I charge £350 for a standard bathroom replacement including plumbing parts,takes a day,I don't do tiling why pay plumbers rates when you can get a tiler cheaper.
I bet you do a lovely yob for that.
Do you do the footballers houses.?
I charge them double your rate and get away with it.

With bathrooms you get what you pay for really and for a room that may stay the same for 15-20 years its best to get it right. It takes time to 1st fix a bathroom well and alittle thought. It cant be crashed in unless your just looking for a straight swap. Bathroom im doing currently ive spent around 300 just on plumbing bits like pipe, fittings, wastes stuff and its only been 1st fixed. ill probably spend 20-30 just on silicone sealant.

As above the material cost for pipework,fittings, traps and iso valves can soon be pushing £300.00, so the suggestion that £350.00 can cover an install and be completed in a day. Is complete tosh!

Lets be honest.
There is fitting a bathroom which should last for 30 years and become dated.
There's throwing a suite in for a landlord and who cares how long it lasts!
You pay your money and make your choice.

Sponsored Links
Back