Bathroom sink mixer tap washer replacement

7 Feb 2006
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I have a mixer tap for my bathroom sink which is dripping about 1litre overnight. Happy to change the tap washer if possible, but don't know how to access it on the style of tap I have inherited from the previous owner. Can anyone help identify or do I need to replace the whole tap? Will post a photo of the tap. Thanks
Sponsored Links
2015-12-09 08.05.41.jpg
The tap will have a quarter turn cartridge, rather than a washer......if you can access the thing then may be able to help you with a replacement.
A tap change to something like a Bristan could be a good move!
John :)
Those handles will either have a grub screw holding them on, or will just pull off. The tricky bit will be finding a cartridge to match; it'll be considerably simpler to just buy a new tap from a reputable manufacturer
Sponsored Links
I looked for a grub screw, but couldn't find one. Tried to pull off the tap turn with a reasonable force, but couldn't shift it. Looks like I'll do a straight tap swap. At least they put isolation valves under the sink.
Thanks for the quick replies guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local