Bathroom wiring question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Does this sound okay?

I have refitted the bathroom and removed the electric shower. I removed the wiring that was going to the shower back to the loft and want to terminate it to use it for 2 mirror demisters and the extractor fan. This new circuit will be all switched on/off by the previously installed double pole isolator pull cord switch that was put in for the shower.
I plan to either use a fused spur to connect the heavy flex to the 3 components or maybe use a 13A RCD like this http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=A231858&ts=88267&id=83049.

Point to note, all the electrical joins will be in the loft, there is enough double insulated flex on the demisters to do a continuous run to the join in the loft. This cable will be in conduit channels that will have tiles/mirror over.

Does all this sound okay or have I missed something (other than part P stuff). The original shower circuit goes back to the consumer unit to it's own trip switch circuit.

Thanks for any pointers peeps.

Glen

Sponsored Links
is the shower circuit protected by RCD (usually 2 modules, with a "test" button)? if so, you dont need the RCD switch. And you should fit a lower rated MCB too. 10A would do the job.

The only RCD is on the consumer board. The MCB for the (now redundant) shower circuit has the following on it "450132 Hager MT132 B32".

What do I need to look for on another MCB to make sure it is compatable with my consumer box?

Thanks,

Glen

HGMT110.JPG

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/HGMT110.html

Sponsored Links
If you keep the existing breaker, you need to carry the circuit on in the same size of cable as has been used for the rest. The CCC has to meet or exceed the rating of the MCB.

Excellent, that's the jobby!

Thanks very much for all the replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back