bathroom zones

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
are cupboards in bathrooms outside the zones?

Sponsored Links
<<<not going to give the answer....thinks it's a trick question ;)

If it is a trick question, I don't see why they should be outside zones, since at any time the occupant can open the cupboard door. The diagrams and rules I have seen relate to distances, except for the area under the bath which is subject to access with/without tools. I wonder if a locked cupboard is considered to need a tool?

Go on then, tell us the funny reply.

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
I wonder if a locked cupboard is considered to need a tool?
Yes a key is regarded as a tool.

AFAIK Cupboards, and that includes airing cupboards (Hotpress for the Irish), are usually regarded as being outside the zones. But common sense should prevail, If the electrical item in the cupboard can be operated with any extremity still in the bath/shower then it is not safe.

it wasnt a trick question. just there doesnt seem to be any mention in the regs to what cupboards are

That's why I was thinking you'd just measure the distance from the bath/shower/floor regardless of whether there was a cupboard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back