Baxi C5 fire spilling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi yawl!

I am a trained gas engineer who has little experiance working with these fire/back boilers.
Everything is to current standards and regulations on all aspects of this appliance and flue system.
The back boiler passed its spillage test but the fire failed.
Even though I have cleaned the spillage test point etc.
Was hoping for some help and maybe a solution to this problem or that any of you may have had a similar experiance with them.

Why has the boiler passed its spillage test and not the fire? as they both share the same flue?
If someone could explain this for me? or give some trade secrets it would be great! many thanks!

Jambo!

Sponsored Links
Where is the smoke coming out of?

The little hole at the side or back down from where you have the smoke match inserted?

Jambo123 said:
:D
from the hole at the top.

How long did you run the fire for?

Did you try opening the window a bit to see if that helped?

I take it that you capped it

Sponsored Links
I tried all the things brittish standards and corgi reg state. and yes of course i capped it.

Have come across this before and was told that the smoke tube on alot of these fires got blocked up in manufacture stage, there fore not a good test point, the best place to test is at the rear were the flue spigot joins to the back boiler and also use a small mirror just above the top of the radiants, if it mists up then the fire is spilling. look for signs of spillage try test with bbu and off, don't forget to operate any ceiling fans. If unsure get the customer to buy co alarm these fires very rarely spill, if you have good flue flow.

Use longer matches, it makes all the difference how far you stick it uo the hole. ;)

As Oliski says and make sure the burning part of the match is fully inserted into the orifice. If you know what I mean!

Fire on full for at least 10mins.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back