Baxi Main Eco Compact 30kw

Sponsored Links
Eww, preferably neither. They aren't particularly good boilers
Dont talk shyte probably the most reliable combi out there .Yes it doesnt have all singing and dancing set up on them but guess what in the main people still just turn a room stat up and down when they want heat.
And go on tell us your bad experiences with them to back up your comment

Baxi / Main have a pretty decent warranty service - they come out quickly, with lots of appointments available and the engineer does carry some good stock in his van. So you won't be waiting for him to come back another day.

This is from my experience. Had a issue twice in one year, a pump was changed once.

Sponsored Links
That’s all it comes down to really - Thanks

How old was you boiler and what model?

That’s all it comes down to really - Thanks

How old was you boiler and what model?
Main Eco Compact 30 combi with 5 year warranty

Main is Baxi

Fitted in Dec 2021, and they came out twice once in April 2022 and once about 6 months later.

I’m due to pick up a Main Eco Compact 30kw tomorrow, I was made aware by Gas112 of the upcoming price hike and the retailer said the same thing - but last minute I’m thinking whether to go for the Baxi 830 30 kw with 10 year warranty - 500 squids extra but 10 year peace of mind for same boiler….

Last edited:
Dont talk shyte probably the most reliable combi out there .Yes it doesnt have all singing and dancing set up on them but guess what in the main people still just turn a room stat up and down when they want heat.
And go on tell us your bad experiences with them to back up your comment
Haven't had a bad experience as I wouldn't ever fit one. Not the same boiler any more either - the Main Eco is the same as the old 830, not the new one. Crap modulation - Main's minimum is 6.9kW, the 830 mk 2 is 6kW, both therefore likely to be massively oversized at minimum output for @chilli_Flake 's 7 radiator system in all but the very coldest outside temperatures. Almost no installer parameters available to set it up to the system it's fitted to - can't even range rate them. Vokera Vibe Max is far superior for very similar money to the Main.

30kw boiler for 7 rads?

I have 11 rads and a 15kw at.a.push. old condensing boiler which feels too much even though its 20 years old.

7 rads, 2 towel radiators, main bathroom and a loft shower room - 4 bed hse…

30kw boiler should go the trick I think….

7 rads, 2 towel radiators, main bathroom and a loft shower room - 4 bed hse…

30kw boiler should go the trick I think….
Yes, just not very efficiently. You probably need around 6-8kW when it's -3°C outside, which is 3-4kW when it's 9ºC outside. The minimum that the Main can do is 6.9kW which means it'll be too powerful even on its minimum output to run efficiently for the majority of the year. Worth noting that since 2022 it's been a requirement of Building Regulations to carry out a full heat loss survey prior to replacing a boiler, and the point of that is to determine what size boiler you actually need. Yes, it'll get hot, but it'll be less efficient than a boiler with a lower minimum output.

Some times I just wish I can win the lottery

I’m trying to get my head around what you have written / bare with - this could hurt

In simple terms, if the power of your boiler is greater than the heat requirement of your home, it will be inefficient and cost more to run. Your 7 radiator / 2 towel rail system is likely to require less heat than the Main is capable of producing even at its lowest power setting, so it will always be oversized and therefore less efficient. A boiler which has a lower minimum power output (such as the Vokera Vibe Max, for example) will be more efficient for more of the year.

The penny is dropping - So what you suggesting a lower kw boiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back