Benefits problem everybodys problem

Nobody expects UK debt to be anywhere near under control for at least twenty years. It's just not possible. Our only hope is to control the deficit as best we can and then sit on it.

Sponsored Links
we already get handouts from europe
the east coast main line electrification for example was part funded from euro fund
https://www.gov.uk/browse/business/funding-debt/european-regional-development-funding[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. I presume you are saying that we get out much more than we pay in?
The UK has never got back more than it puts in. Broadly speaking you can say that we have averaged about 50% back. The UK and Germany pay the most in and are net contributors. Denmark and Netherlands are net contributors but the amounts are small. France is the second biggest contributor but it gets more or less all its contribution back in farming subsidies.

Well that sounds all very fair. :rolleyes:

we already get handouts from europe
the east coast main line electrification for example was part funded from euro fund
https://www.gov.uk/browse/business/funding-debt/european-regional-development-funding[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. I presume you are saying that we get out much more than we pay in?

could you please explain which part off my comments made you think that???

You didn't, but in saying that we already get handouts from Brussels I thought it sounded like we get back more than we put in which, of course, is never likely to happen. I wanted to make the matter clear.

No offence intended.

Sponsored Links
not offended in the least :D

just rather used to people trying to put words in my mouth so challenge most things in case i have come across in a different way to how i mean to come across ;)

just rather used to people trying to put words in my mouth so challenge most things in case i have come across in a different way to how i mean to come across ;)

My apologies. I didn't intend to put words in your mouth. Just my clumsy way of asking a question.

My apologies. I didn't intend to put words in your mouth. Just my clumsy way of asking a question.

mate dont worry i understand :D
you dont have another agenda
like me you just want the truth and honesty ;)

Just watching a documentary about the benefits system in 1949.

Some of the people taking part (real long-term unemployed people) had a very positive attitude when things were explained to them, and made an effort to get out of the rut and make something of themselves.

Then there were those who were very happy living off the rest of us and had no interest in doing anything else. One woman made her feelings very clear: "If she thinks I'm going to give up my benefits she can f*ck off." The fact that benefits in those days were not a 'right' seemed to have escaped her.

Those in the second category are on to a good thing today, but I'd love to see their faces when the country comes to its senses and puts a stop to benefits as a lifestyle choice. They're going to get a bit of a shock!

you should watch the other programs in the series
very similar as its the same people

there will always be some unemployed as they are unemployable
but most unemployed would be far happier employed than the hopeless often soul destroying dole queue

the trouble with the present system is its constantly changing goals and changing providers every year or so
the providers are learning on the hoof as are the job center staff
they don't train the trainers in preparation for there new role
so just as they are getting profficiant at their new role it changes again

One woman made her feelings very clear: "If she thinks I'm going to give up my benefits she can f*ck off." The fact that benefits in those days were not a 'right' seemed to have escaped her.

Ah!...You mean the old biddy with the serious heart problems and COPD?
She appeared about four times...and each time she had a freshly lit cigarette in her hand.
Really concerned over her heart and lungs and thinks that the rest of us should keep her in fags.

(Non British readers...please Google the British meaning of 'Fags' :) )

One woman made her feelings very clear: "If she thinks I'm going to give up my benefits she can f*ck off." The fact that benefits in those days were not a 'right' seemed to have escaped her.

Ah!...You mean the old biddy with the serious heart problems and COPD?
She appeared about four times...and each time she had a freshly lit cigarette in her hand.
Really concerned over her heart and lungs and thinks that the rest of us should keep her in fags.

(Non British readers...please Google the British meaning of 'Fags' :) )

That's the one.

The word 'fag' has at least three different meanings. I remember a British celeb. on an American chat show referring to his 'fag' at Eton. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back