Best builders vans?

Made in a Fiat factory in Turkey - recipe for disaster?
I have to say, mine has been ok, 67 plate and just about to turn 30k. The only issues has been rear N/S issues which I traced to a connector block deep inside a panel.
Its just not a nice vehicle to be in :(
John :)

Sponsored Links
Made in a Fiat factory in Turkey - recipe for disaster?
I have to say, mine has been ok, 67 plate and just about to turn 30k. The only issues has been rear N/S issues which I traced to a connector block deep inside a panel.
Its just not a nice vehicle to be in :(
Wouldn't the garage manage to sort that easily enough?

Last edited by a moderator:
we just picked up a 6 month old peugeot partner diect from the main dealer with 6k on the clock for £12k, its got A/C electric windows etc, only thing it hasnt got is sat nav, but its got apple and google car play so it doesnt matter.

its worth looking for a deal

we just picked up a 6 month old peugeot partner diect from the main dealer with 6k on the clock for £12k, its got A/C electric windows etc, only thing it hasnt got is sat nav, but its got apple and google car play so it doesnt matter. its worth looking for a deal
Not a bad price

Sponsored Links
That makes that a heck of a bargain then I'd say wouldn't you? I assume it's got warranties and all that type of thing. Is that a normal used price for it?

its got the usual waranty and stuff as it came direct from the dealer,

no idea if its normal, all i know is my finance guy looked at 3 different dealers for the same van, all of similar price and settled on this one

Would that have been picked up by the garage quite easily or did you have to do it yourself John? I wouldn't fancy having to poke around and fix something that had done under 30k
The first thing I saw was when it was 8 months old.....triangle lamp on the dash with an exclamation mark.
Hunting around I found it was the N/S stop lamp so lamp cluster off, the bulb was fine so I checked the block connector - it looked ok but after checking the wiping contacts it was sorted.
A few months later, same warning but this time it was the N/S tail out....same story as above and the same 'fix'.
Next, the left indicators were flashing at twice the normal speed - that means either an earth fault or bulb out. This time the stop lamp was flashing instead of the indicator....definitely an earth problem this one. probing deeper into the wiring loom I found another in line connector in the double section side....took that apart, remade the connections and so far so good!
With vehicles having CanBus electrics the wires and connections are very small, which doesn't help with fault rectification!

The first thing I saw was when it was 8 months old.....triangle lamp on the dash with an exclamation mark.
Hunting around I found it was the N/S stop lamp so lamp cluster off, the bulb was fine so I checked the block connector - it looked ok but after checking the wiping contacts it was sorted.
A few months later, same warning but this time it was the N/S tail out....same story as above and the same 'fix'.
Next, the left indicators were flashing at twice the normal speed - that means either an earth fault or bulb out. This time the stop lamp was flashing instead of the indicator....definitely an earth problem this one. probing deeper into the wiring loom I found another in line connector in the double section side....took that apart, remade the connections and so far so good!
With vehicles having CanBus electrics the wires and connections are very small, which doesn't help with fault rectification!
You'd have to search through the spaghetti of wiring?

Do you need a van? What about an old VW touran / estate car ? Roofrack? Trailer?

Sponsored Links
Back