Best builders vans?

Mines a big van and parking was a concern when buying. Generally its not been a problem.

In Aus Tradies who had useless Utes would pull a trailer with them that was stocked up with Tools and materials.

Wouldn't work in this country as some Fncker would just nick the whole thing.

Sponsored Links
Think I am correct in saying Toyota has a Renault engine and the little Merc has a PSA group engine.

Think I am correct in saying Toyota has a Renault engine and the little Merc has a PSA group engine.

No the Toyota has a PSA engine, they use the PSA van and chassis just put a Toyota badge on the front

The pro ace and pro ace city are the Citroen despatch and Peugeot partner respectively

Sponsored Links
No the Toyota has a PSA engine, they use the PSA van and chassis just put a Toyota badge on the front The pro ace and pro ace city are the Citroen despatch and Peugeot partner respectively
Even Toyota are using the shared component system

Last edited by a moderator:
So even companies like Toyota are getting involved in the shared component system? I'll have to google PSA engines as I'm not sure who they are. So if what components are Toyota actually using that are there own?

PSA is peugeot / citroen / vauxhall

bmw, mini, ford, volvo use the 1.5 diesel engines.

Toyota dont use any of their own components other than the toyota badge.

The toyota ones are slightly dearer, but are better specced. its for those people that just cant bear to be seen with a french badge, but cant quite stump up for a VW.

Toyota will have done their due diligence though as they wouldnt want to risk their brand image from partnering with rubbish.

its a way for toyota to save millions on development in markets they havnt been that big in anyway.

Some of those high end vans are over £50,000

When you say chassis you mean the "body" or complete frame of the vehicle. Am I right in thinking that technically vehicles no longer have chassis in the way they used to where everything bolted to the chassis

chassis is the unerneath.

on the large vans they still have seperate chassis because this makes them versatile (luton style, flatbed style, tipper etc etc)

I would suggest that people would be surprised at how large a percentage of the decision making process comes down to this presentation? People will judge you by how you keep your van even if they don't realize it. What do you reckon Bodd?

When I see the back of some vans ; I'm amazed how anyone could function, it makes my head go on the whiz...:sleep:

When I see the back of some vans ; I'm amazed how anyone could function, it makes my head go on the whiz...:sleep:
It's part of your sales pitch

It's the sort thing I'm very interested in because it's essentially part of your sales pitch. If we got some Phd students involved I'm certain that even your demeanor matters, but a vehicle is an extension of your home and your personality and people sort of think about this on a subconscious level
They say they know within the first few miliseconds of meeting you if they want to give you the job or not

Then I upset the apple cart when they see my price...

In Aus Tradies who had useless Utes would pull a trailer with them that was stocked up with Tools and materials. Wouldn't work in this country as some Fncker would just nick the whole thing.
Sadly true

chassis is the unerneath. on the large vans they still have seperate chassis because this makes them versatile (luton style, flatbed style, tipper etc etc)
So transits wouldn't have a chassis?

How are you able to search through all the spaghetti of wiring John and work it out and know what's what? Are you an electrical engineer? I thought they needed computers to fault find nowadays. Isn't it all circuitry
Actually I have no garage mechanic qualifications whatsoever, but I got my first moped at 7 as a non runner and somehow managed to sort that.
After that it was a natural progression to fixing my own four wheeled wrecks, and those of friends......nowadays it's their children!
I was fortunate to have an amazing education which qualified me as a teacher for 35 years plus becoming a member of the 'Institute' , working with very clever people - experience I'll never forget, although it is all well out of date now.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back