Best Car For Newly Qualified Driver

yanks have had a love affair with pick up trucks for years it was due to the yank pick ups that afaik the UK tax bods clamped down on what constitutes as a commercial in the UK .

A dodge V10 pick up truck hmmmm & claim the vat back :)

Sponsored Links
yanks have had a love affair with pick up trucks for years it was due to the yank pick ups that afaik the UK tax bods clamped down on what constitutes as a commercial in the UK .

A dodge V10 pick up truck hmmmm & claim the vat back :)

My pickup is flat rate £250 p/a commercial tax. The equiv engine emissions is around £600 in anything else. Same would be the case for the dodge V10.

Why given up on life? And why be sorry?
It's just my personal preference, they just seem like clones which lack any personality but i think
they are getting better and surpass a few better heritage manu's. Didn't mean it to sound offensive.

Lol. The Yanks have always been sh it at cars. Awfull wallowing gas guzzling piles of poo.
Lol and it is noted, they seem to attract a few rednecks wannabe's over here. Not mentioning any names :whistle:

Sponsored Links
My pickup is flat rate £250 p/a commercial tax. The equiv engine emissions is around £600 in anything else. Same would be the case for the dodge V10.

What I meant was being vat registered and claiming the vat back on a commercial vehicle

It's just my personal preference, they just seem like clones which lack any personality .
Quite agree!

Lol. The Yanks have always been sh it at cars. Awfull wallowing gas guzzling piles of poo.
Some of the old American cars have been great looking. Proper character and some are a thing of beauty! Beats the samey boxes that we see today. I mean, what cars are around today with any character at all? Mini, Fiat500? Then nothing much until spending lotsamoney.

Lol and it is noted, they seem to attract a few rednecks wannabe's over here. Not mentioning any names :whistle:

Noseall knows nowt about the subject ;)

Probably never driven one either

Had use of a 1976 formula fire bird over a long week end a good while back by 76 yank muscle cars had been strangled by insurance companies and the green lobby how ever this particular car had been fitted with a 9.6 litre engine
Was interesting driving between petrol stations :)

Noseall knows nowt about the subject ;)

Probably never driven one either

Had use of a 1976 formula fire bird over a long week end a good while back by 76 yank muscle cars had been strangled by insurance companies and the green lobby how ever this particular car had been fitted with a 9.6 litre engine
Was interesting driving between petrol stations :)
I think noseall bought his o/h a nice Audi recently so he has got good taste, no?

My mate had an american muscle car once. Think it was a chevvy. He hit a bird going fast, think he said it was a sparrow or summat, went right through the grill, through the engine, through the bulk head and interior, and exited through the trunk :eek: Luckily he hadn't a passenger and was driving slow. :LOL:

He hit a bird going fast, think he said it was a sparrow or summat, went right through the grill, through the engine, through the bulk head and interior, and exited through the trunk
O...........Kaaaaaaaaaay.....

So Noseall is into vorsprung Durch teknik than

Horses for courses I say . I have always had an interest in yank muscle cars and British motor bikes . Plenty of British cars have used yank engines in there cars

The rover V8 was a Buick design

The ultima car a few years ago was the fastest production car made used a Chevy V8 ect ect

Didn't know Noseall was a red neck what's his real
Name Bubba :LOL:

I think noseall bought his o/h a nice Audi recently
Correct. Nice car but lots of buttons and features. Need a 14yr old in the car with you.
I must say, the choice of Yank dross was somewhat (thankfully) scant.
My sis in law drives a Chrysler. Awful car. Awful quality. I had the use of a big old Ford (LTD) when I was over there in the late 80s. It was like driving a boat. Same with the Cadillac.

Last edited:
Mini, Fiat500

I think these were alright up to the point of the cross-overs. Such as the Countryman and the 500XL which I find grotesque.

At Dunelm last week and noticed a couple get out of a 500XL and my only thought was he wanted something like a 4x4 but she was happy with what she had and put her foot down. :D

I sold this for £600 earlier in the year
4818501597_6a119dcc9b.jpg

Chain drive, not diesel

Not recent photo either :D was rather rusty when it went.. Still drove like new.
What is it

Sponsored Links
Back