Best Toaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our toaster has died a death.

What toaster do you have & what's good about it?

I'd like a four slice model, but, above all, I'd like even browning.

Any recommendations?

Sponsored Links
Can't complain about ours, 4 slices of evenly browned toast in about 2.5 mins. Plus you can get spares for it, you may baulk slightly at the price though, as you can get 35 tesco special toasters for the price of a Dualit.

Argos have the 2 slice for 54.95, but that doesn't have replaceable parts.

You must mean the one with "pro-heat" elements, in stainless for around 120? But that's a two-slice....

Sponsored Links
The best one is the one you shout 4 rounds of toast plz and minutes later the smiling missis brings it on a tray.

I can dream cant I. :LOL: :LOL:

It's about time someone brought out pre made toast that you just need to microwave. Just think of all the hard work it would save.

I have a toaster with 4 slots, it works well, but I find the bread in the middle is always done more brown than the outsides. I have never had a toaster that this wasnt the case though. :(

As others have said, if you want a toaster that will keep going and for which you can get spares, get a Dualit. It makes proper toast, too.

The only problem we have with ours is that our daughter hates the exterior design, and this has become a cause of domestic friction.

Yeah, they are a marmite design, personally I like ours, it's a 4 slice chrome jobby, I can't remember the model no though, it's about 10 years old, and has had one replacement switch on it, the elements are replaceable as well I believe, still makes good toast as opposed to hot bread in just over 2 mins. IIRC cost about £175 :?: Which is a lot for a toaster.

Dualit suply the commercial catering trade, though they do these for the domestic market with commercial build quality. http://www.dualit.com/content.asp?page=/catalogue/productRange.asp?categoryCode=18

Much longer lasting are these, found in cafe's hotels and such like, http://www.dualit.com/content.asp?page=/catalogue/productRange.asp?categoryCode=15

Iam a commercial catering engineer and would have nothing other than Dualit, though I have never purchased from new I have two, a 4 slice and a 6 slice. I picked them up as broken and repaired with new elements and one with timer :p

Sponsored Links
Back