Best TV Brand?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Of the big four?

Sony, Samsung, LG and Panasonic.

LG puts me off, as they have adverts in their programme guides.

Don't know about their modern TVs, but all other Sony electronics I have used don't seem to be at all intuitive to use and have odd sequences of button presses.

I find the one remote that Samsung have adopted a complete PITA.

That leaves Panasonic, which is handy as I fancy an Android TV with Freeview Play.

Budget is 500 or less.

Which is your favoured TV brand?

Sponsored Links
dont have a clue about your needs but in case it helps i use freeview record and record only from available free channels --- i buzz through and adverts so no problem there
now iff you want any streaming pay for content at all this wont work for you but as i dont do paid for or streaming it works for me
i have steaming available but unfortunately not off my liking as several presses to select a word that will never ever happen where a scroll and select simple program option is there

Sponsored Links
In that budget it's really only LG. They are the dominant player now. Sony are dead, unfortunately and no longer make the best kit. If you have a Costco near you or a Richer Sounds, you can easily get a decent model in that budget. There are even a couple of OLEDs for not much more.

I've been finding lately that the LG website is pretty good price wise. I got my washing machine from them direct and it was cheaper than everyone else including fitting and removal. I later received 2 gallons of washing liquid and conditioner as a gift.

Sony are excellent but expensive, like for like.
Also, their ethos is stuck in "technical excellence above customer experience".

Progeny both have chavtastic LG TVs, and are very happy with them.

Samsung work phone, which I really dislike, so colours that brand for me.

Part of the consumer electronics "problem" is the emergence of Korean and Chinese companies (which hammered Sony), and many spreading themselves too thin (Sony have lost squillions in the mobile phone sector, which Apple and Samsung kill through marketing and customer experience).

Sony (and xbox) own the games console market though.

For that money, any will be OK, but not connoisseur-standard (like buying a base model Renault, and complaining about the seat comfort and cabin noise).

I doubt a Sony of any worth is available in that price range.

Buy an LG, and f##k China (y) :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back