Black & Decker hp188f2b Cordless hammer drill 18v

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got £100 voucher to spend at a certain store and since I'm after a drill and have this voucher, I'd use it on this. If there was something else in the store that caught my eye then I spend the voucher on it and go elsewhere any purchase a DeWalt etc but the drill seems to be the only thing that I see me spending the voucher on.

..So anyhow my question is, anyone have this drill or a similar model whom can give me their thoughts on it.

I'll be using it for occasional use now and again so it won't be used everyday in a tradesman's job.

I know DeWalt own B&D and class B&D as their budget/DIYer's range, but I just want to know if its a good enough prchase, well it would want to be for its price.

PS- Is the 18v over the likes of the 14-14.4v drills have a killer effect on battery life?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
The life of any battery powered tool is usually determined by the life of the battery. The tradesman using it regularly will get a longer life because the battery is being discharged and recharged regularly. What batteries don't like is being left to run-down and remaining in a discharged state. The price of replacement batteries normally means it's cheaper to buy a new tool. I have got an article showing how you can open the battery enclosure and replace the cells by new ones obtainable from Maplins, but never done it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back