BLue Headlights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My other half is after some blueheadlights, not blue as in bright blue, but blue tinted, I'm sure you know the ones I mean, you see them at a certain angle and the appear blueish. I got some "Ice BLue" for her but they are about as blue as a non blue thing! (the bulbs themselves did look blue), they need to be legal ones, non of these 200W things that light up the entire road and blind everyone on the road. Can anyone advise?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
there's all types on Ebay, thats where mine came from,one actually went last week, got about eighteen month out of them.

Which ones did you get? the ones I mentioned were off ebay. Are yours noticably blue tinted?

Sponsored Links
give up now.

Ch427 is right they are xenon, not ordainairy lamps

dont believe me? see this

xenon gas bulbs do give a blue tint, but for the 'true' effect you need HID's. probably 8-10K for even bluer

give up now.

I dont usually do giving up ;)

Im not familiar with xenon headlights, only xenon lights as in camera flash/strobe lights which certainly arnt blue and certainly not constant, I assume its some sort of new technology.

dont believe me? see this
Why would I not believe you?

I see older cars (typically boy racer wannabees) with these lights, I have seen HID conversion kits for sale, not cheap mind but would these do the trick?
I personally dont like them, I hate glimpseing blue for a start... and coming towards you they are much too bright.

Thanks,

They are similar to the ones we got but we got the 55W ones so as to stay legal, I think ours were "ice blue" not "sportzx blue" - packet was the same though !
Maybe I'll get one of those conversion kits to HID, better bloody work though for £100 lol

I was under the impression that for these to be legal, the headlights have to be fitted with active levelling mechanisms, so that the beam doesn't blind people, as it is so much brighter than halogen.

Do you like being blinded when driving at night on a dark road? No, Then dont blind others. ;) Frankly, I think they're the worst thing to use as headlights. What's wrong with normal halogen lamps? :confused: It lights the road ok for me. These people must be blind.:cool: I seem to recall ban wasn't the worlds greatest fan of Xenon headlights either.

I wouldnt have thought "active levelling mechanisms" were a necessity - isnt that the reason for headlight adjustment on MOT? Most cars have a way of adjusting the beam from within the car - to compensate for a load in the back.

Do you like being blinded when driving at night on a dark road? No, Then dont blind others
WTF is your problem?

If you care to read my earlier post, I said I didnt like them either - they arnt for me - and I also said I wanted LEGAL ones with a HINT of blue - nowhere did I say I wanted high powered ones that blind people, If I wanted these, I'd go down to a local shop and buy 150W or more lamps which can be bought over the counter no probelm - which are simply marked as "not street legal"
and who cares what that fool thought about headlights?

My post wasn't directed at you specifically, eggplant, the part you quoted especially, was just a general comment about how I feel about super-blinding lights. I expect others dont appreciate being blinded at night while driving.

I read something a while back about beam levelling devices being required for real Xenon lamps, not sure now though where i read it, might have mis-remembered it. :oops:

And there's no reason to get personal about it. fool am i? :rolleyes:

I never refered to you as a fool? Though I did find your post a bit OTT with the referel to not blinding others etc.

crafty1289 said:
eggplant said:
and who cares what that fool thought about headlights?

Think it might have been referring to BAN. Not sure though :D

For my late pennorth, if you're going to do it you need to buy proper HID's those blue tinted things just scream look at me, I've been to Halfords, bought myself some of those cheap blueish bulbs, and I nipped into chav-u-like on the way back for a burberry baseball cap :D

Sponsored Links
Back