BLue Headlights

I seem to recall ban wasn't the worlds greatest fan of Xenon headlights either.

and who cares what that fool thought about headlights?

hink it might have been referring to BAN. Not sure though icon_biggrin.gif

Im sorry if my post was misinterpreted, I in no way meant to impy that I thought you were a fool, I suppose in the same way that your post looked to me like you were having a dig at me. Thats the problem with message boards, things are often misinterpreted and often cause arguments, I certainly dont want that to happen here - I just want some stupid (non to bright) headlights for the mrs !!

Sponsored Links
HID's only need self levelers for factory fits not retro fits last i heard.

HID conversion is the way to go.

or

the ice blues you got are probably the best you will get, even if these arent blue they should at least be a lot more white than original (try them side by side).

going any more blue there is a large chance the bulbs wont be legal, even if they are only 55w (should be e marked). -theres a lot of crap ones on ebay.

note Xenon was initialy used for HID technology, but some of the extra white/blue bulbs use xenon in place of halogen with a traditional filiment so terminoligy does get mixed.

he ice blues you got are probably the best you will get, even if these arent blue they should at least be a lot more white than original (try them side by side)
They arnt blue, they are white - thats the initial issue here.

HID conversion is the way to go

I dont mind forking out if the stupid things are actaully going to be what she wants!

I've seen some and you can aparantly specify the colour temp you want, from the photos I think 10k is what I would get should I go for this one, they are aparantly "E24 & CE Certified ISO 9001:2000 manufactured"
Does that sound right?

Sponsored Links
eggplant said:
They arnt blue, they are white - thats the initial issue here.
white is better then the usual yellow tho! the cheapo Ebay ones (Hong Kong ebay £5 ones) are quite blue but some people have problems with them been dead on arrival (and they arent E-marked), i did have some at one point :oops: and they lasted over a year (then sold the car) better then my white ring ones that died in 6months!

eggplant said:
I dont mind forking out if the stupid things are actaully going to be what she wants!
this guy is suppost to be quite good, i 1st came accross him on ebay, then on another (car) forum where a few people had used him sucessfully, although Ive never used him myself. might be worth speaking to him direct.

Thanks, I'll give them a call. I know that white is better then the usual yellow, but SHE wants blue....

HIDs and XENONs are one and the same..one uses a reflector back like a normal bulb. the other uses an eyeball lense to project the light beam.

Projectors are also a name for normal bulbs behind an eyeball

And u need washers for XENONs or HIDs in the UK in case the beam gets deflected. And anyone who says they are not worth having is talking out of their ass, miles better than normal lights, proper white light is much better for seeing more of the road and obstacles.

My car has HIDs and no washers ;)

Sponsored Links
Back