Boiler Change

tabs said:
The boiler was a worcester 37kw cdi - done it now , nice easy straightforward job.

Don't why the rating of the boiler should affect your price in the US though?

I guess a car with 200 horse power and one having 460 HP is the same price mate ONE Boiler fits all applications ..

Put it this way if the boiler is 1,000,000 BTU in put you need 3 blokes to install it IF the boiler is 30,000 BTU in put I hire a 9 year old child to carry it in and set it in place

I would also imagine EVEN in your country that the larger the boiler in put the more gas volume needed or larger electrical power supply

See the education you just received

I don't know about the education I just received off you but over here there ain't much difference in labour costs on installing anything from a 20kW to 42kW combi- we were talking domestic boilers - we do not install comercial sized boilers in domestic houses ! Something to do with not wasting energy i think :LOL:

Sponsored Links
In a one family home I just installed a natural gas boiler BTU input was over 1 million and this is just for heating (hydronics ) Domestic hot water is a 75 gallon gas fired heater

I'm surprised America adopts the British Thermal Unit. I would have thought that they would have renamed it to sound bigger, better and have more razzamatazz :eek:

The same as your billion is only a fraction of our proper billion :rolleyes:

In a one family home I just installed a natural gas boiler BTU input was over 1 million and this is just for heating (hydronics ) Domestic hot water is a 75 gallon gas fired heater

I guess that's why 5% of the World's people (USA) use 25% of the World's oil resources? Hardly anything to brag about is it? You use the most - you'll be hit the hardest when the oil runs out - and it won't be too long either.

Sponsored Links
I'm surprised America adopts the British Thermal Unit. I would have thought that they would have renamed it to sound bigger, better and have more razzamatazz :eek:

The same as your billion is only a fraction of our proper billion :rolleyes:
\\

I noticed your Gallon is larger then our gallon so I guess out BTU is also smaller :LOL: :LOL:

The Brits have some decent ideas like the color (colour) of a flag

One thing you`ve got in US is (afaik) a licence agreement so that to be a "Master Plumber" you actually HAVE to be a trained person.......not like this 3rd. World has been of a ****-pot island PS. guess how much a local Harley dealer charges to service one of your "finest" ;) exports .....£70. per freaking hour :eek: FFS........Treasure Island :rolleyes:

One thing you`ve got in US is (afaik) a licence agreement so that to be a "Master Plumber" you actually HAVE to be a trained person.......not like this 3rd. World has been of a p**s-pot island PS. guess how much a local Harley dealer charges to service one of your "finest" ;) exports .....£70. per freaking hour :eek: FFS........Treasure Island :rolleyes:

Depends on what part of the USA mate as some states have the best politicians money can buy.

There are some places that no license is required and of course no testing of the applicants to see if they even know anything about the profession.

The license protects the consumer not the license holder but the majority of consumers look at the price and not thinking that some bloke may put their lives in danger.

We even in NYC have gas explosions and carbon monoxide poisonings from faulty installations.

As long as there is money to be made there is always some senator or congressman willing to take the money and pass what ever is requested.

America has the BEST SENATORS MONEY CAN BUY even if some did loot the White house people here have short term memory loss

Sponsored Links
Back