Boiler gurgling noise on HW cycle only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have poterton prima boiler and cylinder system regularly serviced, the problem is that when the HW cycle only kicks in there is a lot of gurgling noises and the sound of trickling water comming from within the boiler this continues whilst the water is being heated. I have just had it serviced and had a new auto air vent valve fitted the engineer said that the sound is caused by air within the system and should settledown after a couple of cycles, well day two and it sounds worse. My question really is why does this only occur on the HW cycle.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, this is not a new installation so the pipework has been there for a long time at least 20 years, just had it serviced and a new air valve fitted this involved a partial drain down and this has made the sound problem worse. I am thinking maybe air has been drawn in during this process and will eventually vent out, or at least that is my hope.

Sponsored Links
Try turning pump speed from min to max for a few seconds and repeat, it might force the air out.

Thanks for advice I have tried that, I am now thinking about putting a cleaning agent through the system although there is already A sentinal X300 in there and has been for a number of years. maybe a draindown and flush ect, advice on what cleaner/descaler to use, the system is 35 years old

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back