boiler installation quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I live in Harrow and called a company out for a boiler quote.

They quoted me £1493. no vat on that.

It is for an A rated boiler, suppy and fit, combi to combi.

20m of 28mm copper pipework.

MagnaClean which the guy said was vital on new boilers.

Can anyone give me any advice on this? 2 other quotes were £2200 and £2144.

Thanks,.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
what do you mean? should it be 28mm? The guy mentioned pipe size calculations and possibly reverting down to 22mm at the end but only if i decided to go ahead. itmight be cheaper he said, so we will see

What size and make boiler? Could be the new ideal logic + with the 5 year warranty which are on offer in most places due to there recent launch and attempt to make good all the things the isar did wrong. :LOL:

Actually looks like a decent boiler.

Sam

Hi I dont know which boiler it is, the guy mentioned it was A rated and had over 15litres a minute hot water because I told him specifically I wanted good water output and he said 15litres was more than my current boiler provided and I am currently happy with that.

How much is the ideal logic please?

It seems a good price but the quote doesnt break down costs, actually nither of the quotes do

It seems a good price but the quote doesnt break down costs, actually nither of the quotes do

You need to know the make and model of the boiler and accessories, and the work that will be done etc. You also need to know the total cost to you, as for breakdown of costs, why would you need that?

Hi I dont know which boiler it is, the guy mentioned it was A rated and had over 15litres a minute hot water because I told him specifically I wanted good water output and he said 15litres was more than my current boiler provided and I am currently happy with that.

How much is the ideal logic please?

Depends on which model. Ideal have a lot of making up to do after there last combi was a complete disaster. From what I have seen and heard, they have really tried extra hard to get this latest model right, but only time will tell, something many people don't want to risk.

Not suprised about the quote at all. People will work for far less at the moment just to secure a job. That said if the boiler is a B and Q special for £400 odd quid I would stay well clear.

It's impossible to give an accurate idea of value on an unkown make and size of boiler.

It's like saying 'there's a 3 door hatchback for sale, it's black and comes with aircon for £3000, is this a good deal?'

HTH Sam

go on tell us another joke I could do with a laugh. . . . .

you havn't fitted one, because if you had you would of seen the work ideal have put into this.

give this bloke your opinion when you have seen it. this is miles better than baxi platinum/potterton gold, glow-worm cxi
ideal mini, any ravenheat & biasi. so if he wants to pay 700 tone thats by far the best one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back