boiler installation quote

mexico he is junk, Ideal classic combi is also junk

Sponsored Links
This thread just goes to prove what we know already.

That there are lots of people out there who are focused purely on the price of the job.
Cheaper to these people=better.
They are reluctant to spend an extra few hundred punds on a decent boiler to heat their home and provide hot water year in year out for their family.
Yet they probably think nothing of spending a grand on a new oversized tv or a shiny new car-beacause they like to massage their egos with these sort of things.

This poster has been advised in the clearest terms that Ferroli are to be avoided yet they blindly ignore this advice.

Why the hell do these people come on here for advice when they take absolutely no notice of what is said to them?

Good luck with your new heating system.You will need it.

For the posters benefit, the engineer has called and assessed the work and has priced his work at £1500 (is that + vat or not vat registered)
You have already stated its a combi for combi change.
That sounds like it is/could be a very reasonable quote. It is I suspect a small sole trader.
The risky bit, is will he give you a quality install. Only you will be able to make that decision given time.
Quite a lot of unfounded assumptions have been made,
Its a Ferroli, must be a cowboy. Not a boiler I use so not prepared to comment. They all break down. I've seen plenty of other boilers installed by cowboys.
Its the cheapest quote, must be a cowboy. Again unfounded the other 2 may be total chancers or larger companies.
The final choice rests with you and how happy you are with the guy who priced. Your made a comment about a nice web site, smart van and pride in his appearence which impressed you, and even that got a bashing.
Don't let the remarks and comments from the bashers sway your choice and I do hope it all goes OK for you.

Quite a lot of unfounded assumptions have been made,
Its a Ferroli, must be a cowboy

Think you're the one making the assumptions. No-one has actually said this at all. Read the thread properly.

Your made a comment about a nice web site, smart van and pride in his appearence which impressed you, and even that got a bashing

So it should get a bashing!
Shiny vans and polo shirts count for rock all in the real world as I'm sure you are well aware.
You are trying to be nice and 'reasonable' with this person but you are wasting your breath I'm afraid.

Sponsored Links
I have fitted about 15 logic plus boilers and think they are outstanding value for money.

We always offer a price for Worcester and now an Ideal Logic alternative.

They are easy to fit and seem very good boilers. True only wime will tell.

I can't see whats wrong with the price.

£550 for logic plus 24kW
£50 flue kit
£60 programmer
Pipe and fittings £100

Total £760 inc VAT

We would charge £1250 for this swap and we are not cowboys. We are just believe in value for money.

If we charged £1650 would it be a better job?

you ideal logic cheeper than at plumber center

Never use any Wolesely Brand. The service is pathetic and as an ex Area Sales manager I know what margins they make and simply would'd give them the business unless I was really desperate.

We pay, including VAT

logic 24 £520
Logic 30 £586
Logic 35 £670

Logic+24 £586
Logic+30 £654
Logic +35£740

Flue Kit £43
Mech Timer £35
RF prog £132

Once you have fitted a few Logics you really can appreciate the quality in them.

At these prices you are getting a bargin.

Especially if you look at the Worcester equivelant

30cdi,RF Clock and flue £1084 inc VAT
logic + 30kW, RF clock and flue £827 inc VAT

Thats over £250 differance and if you are quoting against a cheaper boiler £250 can loose you the job.

Now, I always quote Worcester as we offer the 5 year warranty buy the fact that I can offer a 5 year warranty on the Logic plus helps win sales.

Alos, their brochures are very professional and I always put a brochure in with the quotes.

Minion, your wasting your time posting your comments. I agree with you 100% on the value/quality and also use the comparison quote. I expect you will now be accused of working for Ideal's.
There are a few things you can guarentee on this site unfourtunatly,
BG bashing and Ideal bashing, oh and also expect to be referred to as a cowboy for offering a cheaper/budget quote.
What you perceive as value for money is often mis-interpreted as cowboyish bodging because you have not ripped into the poor old customer for £700.

Minion, your wasting your time posting your comments. I agree with you 100% on the value/quality and also use the comparison quote. I expect you will now be accused of working for Ideal's.
There are a few things you can guarentee on this site unfourtunatly,
BG bashing and Ideal bashing, oh and also expect to be referred to as a cowboy for offering a cheaper/budget quote.
What you perceive as value for money is often mis-interpreted as cowboyish bodging because you have not ripped into the poor old customer for £700.

Cheers bud,

To be honest I look at the bigger picture. I make sure I get a service contract with every installation. 5 year warranty = min 5 services. If I fit 2 boilers a week then thats 100 services next year. Keep fitting 2 boilers a week then 200 services the following year, 300, 400 etc.

At £85 a service that's allot of money plus we have the back up that the boilers have the 5 year warranty.

I try to look at the bigger picture.

Cheers

At £85 a service that's allot of money plus we have the back up that the boilers have the 5 year warranty.

I try to look at the bigger picture.

Cheers

You seem to be fitting the boilers for £490. We charge £840 although we are in London.

You charge so much, £85 for a service? We charge £55 and even BG was advertising £59 last summer. I am surprised you get away with that.

I am also surprised how an RGI can have been a sales manager with Wolseley. ( A company I cannot understand and dont feel I get on with ). If you are qualified to post in the CC then I would like to ask you about something to do with them there.

Tony

Hi Bud,

I worked for Wolesley for about two years. It was the commercial division and was a more technical role so they wanted someone with hands on experiance.

It was okay but you soon learn that you are just a number in a company that size.

It was easy money. Big bonus, brand new Mondeo. Spent most of the time taking folk for lunch and travelling.

Couldn't be bothered with the way they treated people though, espicially the guys in the warehouse, counter etc. Paying them £11k a year when we were on triple that plus bonus. Especially when the counter guys are the one that can make a huge diffeance in a branch.

I dont know what cc is? I found this forum ages ago but this is the first time I havereally looked at it and got involved.

We have three swaps to do in London. It wouldn't be worth traveling that far for one but two or three make it feesable.

We are a small limited company with very low overheads and there is only myself and my father (who is semi retired) so we dont need a alot to keep our heads above water.

Obvioulsy I prefer to work in Edinburgh but dont mind travelling if I need too.

If you need to know anything just let me know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back