Boiler wiring help wanted, please; Vokera Linea 28HE to Drayton LP711

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I was hoping someone could just confirm that I have the right wiring setup to let me install a Drayton LP711.

My boiler is a combi Vokera Linea 28HE. It currently does not have a time clock. To turn the heating on I select Winter in the mode selector. Hot water is on demand always on, so single channel.

I just wanted to confirm that I have worked out the correct wiring from the diagrams from both manufactures. In my image I have labelled all the wires to make it easier for me to understand.

I want to check that from LP711

N connects to 2b/d
L connects to 3b/d
1 (COM) connects to 5a/b
3 (ON) connects to 4a/b
L & 1 (COM) lopped/linked together

Vokera Linea 28 HE Wiring.png

s!AgOSFp2ZicLclCLzaSLsDLzDX8vg

Attachments

• Vokera Linea 28 HE Wiring.png
    Vokera Linea 28 HE Wiring.png
    856.6 KB · Views: 689
Sponsored Links
OK
You need two cables

One 3- core cable with live, neutral and earth from the boiler's mains input (1a, 1b and 1c). This connects to the L and N at teh LP711. You'll need a terminal block to 'park' the earth.

Then you need another 3-core cable from 4b and 5b on the boiler (remove the link!) to connect to 1 and 3 on the LP711
Do not install a link between L and 1 on the LP711.
You must earth this cable at both ends

EDIT. A proper heating engineer would use a single 5-core flex, but I expect you don't have a length of that in your garage?....so two lengths of 3 core flex will do you.

if the timer backplate is fixed to the boiler panel, I suppose it could be wired in single cores.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your replies.

I currently have a 3 core + plus earth cable, 2m in length.

One 3- core cable with live, neutral and earth from the boiler's mains input (1a, 1b and 1c). This connects to the L and N at teh LP711. You'll need a terminal block to 'park' the earth.

Does that mean 1b, 2c and 3c are disconnected? Or that I conenct to 2b & 3b?

Sorry I'm struggling to visulise.

If you disconnect them you will not have any power to the boiler!

Leave them connected and add the new wire to take power also to the new timer.

Why don't you fit a timer/thermostat instead of just a timer ?

Hi Picasso, I live in a small studio flat so effectly a single box. All the rads have TRVs on them so I just set the temp at the boiler and on the values. So I didnt really feel the need for a thermostat.

If you disconnect them you will not have any power to the boiler!

Leave them connected and add the new wire to take power also to the new timer.

Okay cool, so I need to get another cord them for the earth as I currently only have 4 cores. Thanks.

You would be better fitting a stat rather than a timer, trvs are not a good way of controlling a boiler.

The basic premise is (generally) mains-carrying cables should contain an earth conductor (aka. cpc).

Does not apply to Class II /double insulated equipment. just to head off the pedants.

The basic premise is (generally) mains-carrying cables should contain an earth conductor (aka. cpc).

Does not apply to Class II /double insulated equipment. just to head off the pedants.

Excllent. Thanks for the info.

I have my 4 core for my L N E, and have been given a 2 core for my COM and ON, so that'll be my evening project.

I'll let you know how it goes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back