Booster Box connected to electrical supply

No, they can break 6kA +10%-0. Those PFCs I quoted are for the test to determine the breaking characteristic. Not sure I fully understand it myself - luckily I don't have to!
I certainly don't. Whatever, it sounds as if thosee PFC figures you quoted are probably irrelevant to a designer or user - indeed, probably irrelevant to everyone other than those do the conformity tests!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Here's the text that I'm struggling with:
"
The value of the prospective breaking current is the
r.m.s. value of the power frequency component of
the calibration curve corresponding to the instant of
initiation of the arc.
If the time between the instant when the circuit is
closed and the instant when the arc is initiated is
shorter than one half cycle, the value of prospective
breaking current shall be measured after the elapse
of a time equal to a half cycle."

The French don't used fused plugs as they don't have 32 amp ring circuits. We wouldn't need them if our circuits were 16 amp radials.

I would not install a FCU in France or Germany not because I could not get it there but because it would not be compliant.
So in a nutshell their electrical systems are not the same as the UKs. So really your point is not that valid regarding comparing the accessories available for the UK systems than those in the EU.

Sponsored Links
Do those bare wires come up through a hole? Looks just like the discarded ends cut off of 2 old cables from the photo!
Echo the Husky was right, whilst it looked like the wires coming up through the floor, they were discarded ends. Pleased I had the electrician check it out (peace of mind about the wiring for the booster) and he only charged a tenner for his petrol.

Couldn't see any mention of an FCU only a fuse, even then it said not required if off a 6 amp lighting circuit.
I thought you were of the opinion that this item could not be connected to a lighting circuit?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back