Boris Johnson referred to police watchdog for possible misconduct

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an interesting point, perhaps you can help me with this question.

If the referendum result was "leave" why did the Brextremists such as Rees-Mogg and his buddies consider themselves entitled to vote against "leave" in Parliament? They were, you'll agree, obstructing the will of about half the people who voted in the referendum.

If they'd not voted against "leave" we could have been out a year ago.

Why were they plotting for something that wasn't in the referendum?

Are they Traitors and Enemies Of The People?
Here we go again do we need a fact checker on these tedious repetitions.

Ok let's take that question a bit further..let's consider the other options. The whole concept of Brexit should to a certain extent not entirely rely on political affiliation right? The vote was to leave the eu.
On that point Labours manifesto was to leave the EU in an orderly fashion so tell me in an unbiased view why did only about 3 Labour MPs vote in favour of TMs deal, why did only 1% back her?
2nd point remember a much higher percentage of total MPs are pro remain the number of Tory mps opposing TMs deal exceeded the ERG total in there, therefore there were a considerable pro remain factions voting against the deal, I think you'll find even if the anti EU rebels voted in favour it would of made no difference to the result.

But of course none of this is Labours fault right that's it because they're your team the rest are **** :whistle:

My god you lot... get a grip.(said in a softly tone as to not frighten anyone)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sillyboy and Festy Google search kings but have no idea what they are on about.

The UK was in EDP but was exempt from those requirements you mentioned.

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201719/cmselect/cmeuleg/301-ix/30113.htm

10.1The EU’s Stability and Growth Pact (SGP) requires all Member States to maintain a budget deficit of less than three per cent of GDP, and to keep their government debt below 60 per cent of GDP. In 2008 the EU placed the UK in an Excessive Deficit Procedure (EDP) under the SGP, after the Government’s budget deficit rose above the three per cent threshold.108 Although EU law provides for sanctions where Member States do not correct budgetary imbalances when they are subject to an EDP,109 the UK is exempt from these by virtue of Protocol 15 to the Treaties.

Read a bit about MTO and the reforms of SGP. (y)

The EU has given us a brilliant deal - idiots who voted for Brexit have no clue.

It was exempt for a while Galahad, read your own links mate.

10.2The other Member States confirmed the existence of a persistent budget deficit in the UK in April 2009 and in June 2015, although they recognised that the Government had implemented a fiscal consolidation programme following the financial crisis. The European Commission in November 2017 published its latest economic forecasts, which showed that the UK’s deficit had decreased to 2.3 per cent in 2016–17, and was expected to remain below 3 per cent over the forecast horizon in 2020.

10.3Based on these new statistics, the EU’s Finance Ministers on 5 December 2017 formally abrogated the UK’s Excessive Deficit Procedure. This means the UK is now subject to the “preventative arm” of the Stability and Growth Pact, where the Commission monitors government debt and deficit but no policy recommendations are made unless there is a perceived risk that the SGP’s thresholds could be exceeded.

That's an interesting point, perhaps you can help me with this question.

If the referendum result was "leave" why did the Brextremists such as Rees-Mogg and his buddies consider themselves entitled to vote against "leave" in Parliament? They were, you'll agree, obstructing the will of about half the people who voted in the referendum.

If they'd not voted against "leave" we could have been out a year ago.

Why were they plotting for something that wasn't in the referendum?

Are they Traitors and Enemies Of The People?

one word. Backstop.

Sponsored Links
The vote was to LEAVE say filly and fest

When offered the opportunity to vote for LEAVE ree smogg and the other anti-Europeans in Parliament who claim to be in favour of LEAVE voted not to.

Filly and fest say it is because they didn't want to LEAVE.

They want something else that wasn't on the voting form

And is therefore not what voters voted for

So these extreme Brexers are not honouring the referendum

They are pushing for something of their own.

Here we go again do we need a fact checker on these tedious repetitions.

Ok let's take that question a bit further..let's consider the other options. The whole concept of Brexit should to a certain extent not entirely rely on political affiliation right? The vote was to leave the eu.
On that point Labours manifesto was to leave the EU in an orderly fashion so tell me in an unbiased view why did only about 3 Labour MPs vote in favour of TMs deal, why did only 1% back her?
2nd point remember a much higher percentage of total MPs are pro remain the number of Tory mps opposing TMs deal exceeded the ERG total in there, therefore there were a considerable pro remain factions voting against the deal, I think you'll find even if the anti EU rebels voted in favour it would of made no difference to the result.

But of course none of this is Labours fault right that's it because they're your team the rest are **** :whistle:

My god you lot... get a grip.(said in a softly tone as to not frighten anyone)

the majority of labour voters are pro remain.
And since you are are so keen on the importance of democracy, you will appreciate that labour democratically supported its voters.

Also Brexit is a Tory sh*tstorm not a labour one so why should they vote for the theresa May deal -after all she made no effort to discuss with them.

The fact is the Torys had a majority with the DUP, it was their responsibility to get the Brexit vote through -so stop whining about labour not supporting it

The ERG stopped Brexit happening
The ERG thwarted the will of the people

Enjoy :ROFLMAO:

Go and read the Maastricht treay -it doesnt say that.

In any case the wiki page refers to the Eurozone, whats that got to do with Tory Austerity.

Fillyboy is clutching at straws trying to argue something he doesnt understand :ROFLMAO:

OK, lets do this in stages to make it as simple as possible for you and your friends to understand.

1. Here is the Maastricht treaty.

https://europa.eu/european-union/sites/europaeu/files/docs/body/treaty_on_european_union_en.pdf

OK, click on the link, go to article 104C (page 27) which refers to excessive government debt/deficits, the limits of and states that the reference values for the debt/deficit to gdp levels will be annexed to the treaty.

The relevant part of the annexe is article 1 (page 183) which states the reference values, ie, deficit should not exceed 3% of GDP and debt should not exceed 60% of gdp.

I hope this helps.

Go and read the Maastricht treay -it doesnt say that.
:whistle:

OK, lets do this in stages to make it as simple as possible for you and your friends to understand.

1. Here is the Maastricht treaty.

https://europa.eu/european-union/sites/europaeu/files/docs/body/treaty_on_european_union_en.pdf

OK, click on the link, go to article 104C (page 27) which refers to excessive government debt/deficits, the limits of and states that the reference values for the debt/deficit to gdp levels will be annexed to the treaty.

The relevant part of the annexe is article 1 (page 183) which states the reference values, ie, deficit should not exceed 3% of GDP and debt should not exceed 60% of gdp.

I hope this helps.

:whistle:

Oh dear oh dear.

Poor old Fillyboy.

He shouldnt try and involve himself in things he doesnt understand.

Bless :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back