Boris Johnson stepping down as MP

Johnson was desperate to get the title and status of Prime Minister

But not to actually do the job.

Sponsored Links
Johnson was desperate to get the title and status of Prime Minister

But not to actually do the job.
He did manage a few notable firsts while in office:
The first to be fined; the first to be indicted for criminal wrong doing. The first to throw away an 80+ majorityand resign, and the first to be ejected from the HoC for lying to the House.
Impressive.

Status is everything to many people, for some its the flashy car, for others, multi millionaires who have made it in business, it is recognition from the establishment they crave. Farrage was desperate to get in the lords.

Blup
Probably a few decent members of the HoL.
I used to think that people got knighthoods for services to the country and its people.
Its seems i was wrong, its all about paying off party donors and your mates in government who cover up for you.
When it comes to politics, sometimes i am astounded at my own credulity.

I had no problem with the old unelected HoL, a bit of an anomaly like the royal family, but generally independent people who were importantly a check and balance on executive power. They had to go so Bliar could deliver his elected second chamber, hmm

Blup

Sponsored Links
Yet the anonymous quotes continue, from people who simply refuse to accept that Big Dog soiled the rug. How do you like this one, in the Sunday Times, from one of Johnson’s close friends: “He is making lots of money. He needs money. He likes money. I think he’ll use the money to try to buy back all the people he lost in his life.” Amazing. As indicated, that quote, which would count as a full-scale character assassination on most people, is from one of Johnson’s close friends.

Marina Hyde@theGrunadia

Back