Boris Johnson can remake Britain.

Hurrah for our Great Leader!

BuffoonCobra.jpg

having "IT lessons" from a pole dancer, perhaps.

Sponsored Links
I suspect there might be some clarification on this story. How many 'cobra meetings' were there in January?, long before a pandemic was declared.

I suspect there might be some clarification on this story. How many 'cobra meetings' were there in January?, long before a pandemic was declared.
The best time to prepare for something is before it's too late to do anything.

As you say, how many were there? If it's 5 out of 100 then sure take the evening off, if it were 5 of 5 then not so much. But even then, skipping Cobra meetings is rarely a good look.

Are we sure it's only 5?

After all, pinning down the exact number of times he went AWOL is probably as tricky as finding out how many kids he has!

"The missed meetings happened in January and February, when parts of country also experienced the worst flooding on record.

The national crisis committee was first gathered to discuss coronavirus on January 24, by which time the disease had spread to six countries.

That day, the Lancet medical journal warned the novel disease could be more lethal than the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic, which killed over 50 million people.

Not only did Boris Johnson skip that meeting, but Matt Hancock did inform reporters that the risk to the UK was ‘low’.

And, although the PM didn’t have time to discuss the crisis, he did have time to attend a Lunar new year celebration in the afternoon, The Sunday Times reports.

The other meetings were skipped so Mr Johnson could prioritise the EU withdrawal agreement and reshuffling his cabinet.

As the virus gradually crept towards Europe, he missed further cobra meetings to spend two weeks with his pregnant fiancée, Carrie Symonds, at a country retreat in Chevening.

It was not until March 2nd – five weeks after the first Cobra committee was called that the PM decided to attend."

The national leader needed in a crisis he ain't!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Mottie has a point. Dont bulls hit. It will come back to bite you. If you can't be honest then don't bother.

I've mentioned why that doesn't matter several times ;) as you may read my posts I wont repeat and other can pretend they know how the cabinet works, Worst thing about it really is that the press know the same as I do. I don't fancy a classics man in his position. If he had gone on and could read, write and speak latin etc I might be a bit happier, As per Mrs T and Mrs M he will probably be yet another scapegoat eventually.

Sponsored Links
Back