Boris

Sponsored Links
From the BBC this morning:

The UK's largest Muslim organisation is calling on Theresa May to ensure the inquiry into Boris Johnson's burka comments is not a "whitewash".

According to the Guardian, the Muslim Council of Britain will tell the prime minister "no-one should be allowed to victimise minorities with impunity".

Mr Johnson is facing an investigation after saying women in burkas looked like "letter boxes" or "bank robbers".

He did not respond to the row in his latest newspaper column.

Holding an opinion contrary to whats expected can cause all this? Very worrying.

Sponsored Links
You weren't expecting some Muslims to be offended by Bozzas remarks? Seriously?

Why do you think he or I should care if they are? I don't and 'but muh feelings' isn't good enough to shut down a valid discussion. 20+ pages have already been generated on this forum alone. Have you been asleep?

They're entitled to be offended in the same way he's entitled to say what he has.

A second poll has emerged by comres, again backing him, I'll add.

Try and be consistent boyo. :rolleyes:

Tu quoque, consistency has nothing to do with the matter; it's very worrying that the conservative party are being pressured into caring about hurt feelings over Boris' right to discuss something he doesn't like.

Yep, Tish May was a bit quick to announce her investigation into her leadership opponents' blatherings. Gosh you are naïve Sammy

You're still not addressing what I'm saying. The investigation (or lack of) is a symptom of the problem. The fact it had to go as far as this, regardless of circumstance within the party or its leadership, is the issue at hand.

The fact it had to go as far as this, regardless of circumstance within the party or its leadership, is the issue at hand.
Yes and is everything to do with Boris's gob. Many Muslims hate the burka also. Some Muslims have supported Boris. No sammi, this is a Tory problem boyo, through and through.

Yes and is everything to do with Boris's gob. Many Muslims hate the burka also. Some Muslims have supported Boris. No sammi, this is a Tory problem boyo, through and through.

You've just gone the long way to adding absolutely nothing of value.

The problem of not being able to say something through fear of repercussion and being labeled as one thing or another is far greater than the conservative party. It's gone on for years in the UK and people are tired of it.

It would be convenient for what you're saying (also to imply there's a current leadership contest) but it's the party chairman who sparked investigation, not May.

Sponsored Links
Back