Boris

Sponsored Links
You were making a false premise, then building an argument around that.

I am not offended whatsoever, merely pointing out that you were not furthering the discussion but making insults -which is a common indication of attempting to hide the weakness of an argument. I was making no assumption the other person was offended and neither did I object.

There is no '2 of us were having a discussion' -its an open forum with an unrestricted post stream

No false premise, just a very simple point, that you failed (or couldn't) to understand.

You specifically got offended on behalf of somebody else.

Double standards !

My point remains. Nothing wrong with the debate. Lots wrong with the need for the cheap appeal to the easily led.

Right, yes, most wars have been started for religious reasons (and greed). Not hurt feelings per se.
"My imaginary friend is bigger/better than your imaginary friend, la la la..."

I guess that didn't really rile up anybody :LOL:

Sorry, do I now owe you one of these? :arrow: :rolleyes:
Nah, you get yours for free...

'Hard earned' of course - nobody can be as consistently dumb as you!
(Oops, I forgot notchy and boddie in that list...they'll feel so left out)

'Hard earned' of course - nobody can be as consistently dumb as you!
(Oops, I forgot notchy and boddie in that list...they'll feel so left out)
You know what, I'd rather be considered dumb than someone who gets his rocks off by persistently trying to put others down. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
No false premise, just a very simple point, that you failed (or couldn't) to understand.

You specifically got offended on behalf of somebody else.

Double standards !

My point remains. Nothing wrong with the debate. Lots wrong with the need for the cheap appeal to the easily led.

You are correct in do far as 'its a simple point'

You made false premise: you stated I was offended, which I was not. I made an observation that you previous post did not further the discussion, it was a posr comprised of insults. It was an objective observation with no personal or emotional involvement from me.

There are no double standards from me.

I did not get offended on behalf of somebody else: my post gave no such indication. Any inference you have drawn is purely of your own making.

Perhaps you might like to explain what point I did not understand.

Wearing the burka and other head coverings has a history that is based on oppression of women. It's irrelevant which country the Muslims now live in, it doesn't change the history.

I think its pretty sad that you call a bunch of kids enjoying being part of a video that went global, an innocent 'happy' video 'stupid'. So the kids who are oppressed by unfair, unjust laws as branded as stupid by you too. Wonderful.
A lot of Muslim woman wear the the Burqa though choice, do you have a mandate from women who wear the burqa to speak on their behalf.

Wearing the burka and other head coverings has a history that is based on oppression of women. It's irrelevant which country the Muslims now live in, it doesn't change the history.

I think its pretty sad that you call a bunch of kids enjoying being part of a video that went global, an innocent 'happy' video 'stupid'. So the kids who are oppressed by unfair, unjust laws as branded as stupid by you too. Wonderful.
How many crimes are carried out in the UK every year by Muslim women wearing Burqa's as opposed to criminals wearing hoods.

A lot of Muslim woman wear the the Burqa though choice, do you have a mandate from women who wear the burqa to speak on their behalf.

Have a look at this poster campaign from Iran. This is just one of many. Now tell me, are women not being frightened? Are men not being given the green light to behave like 'flies'?

As said in a previous post, until wearing the head coverings is a real freedom world over, it's going to be considered an oppressive item of clothing because of the very history of the said clothings.

pos10.jpg

I heard on the news this week that one woman felt closer to god because she covered up in a niqab. Why is that? It doesn't say to cover head to toe in the Koran. That was something thought of by men. Do you never consider that this may be indoctrination?

How many crimes are carried out in the UK every year by Muslim women wearing Burqa's as opposed to criminals wearing hoods.
Completely irrelevant to the point I was making and to anything about women's oppression.

Completely irrelevant to the point I was making and to anything about women's oppression.
No it isn't, what would you know or care about muslim woman's oppression, you are insinuating that the wearer's of Burga's are somehow a threat to society, if Burga's wearer's arn't mugging old ladies outside the post office or shoplifting in Tesco's what is your problem with them.

No it isn't, what would you know or care about muslim woman's oppression, you are insinuating that the wearer's of Burga's are somehow a threat to society, if Burga's wearer's arn't mugging old ladies outside the post office or shoplifting in Tesco's what is your problem with them.
No I am not. The fact you have come to such a conclusion is rather strange.

Have a look at this poster campaign from Iran. This is just one of many. Now tell me, are women not being frightened? Are men not being given the green light to behave like 'flies'?

As said in a previous post, until wearing the head coverings is a real freedom world over, it's going to be considered an oppressive item of clothing because of the very history of the said clothings.

View attachment 146404

I heard on the news this week that one woman felt closer to god because she covered up in a niqab. Why is that? It doesn't say to cover head to toe in the Koran. That was something thought of by men. Do you never consider that this may be indoctrination?
How many woman in IRAN walk around dressed as letterboxes and how many women in IRAN do not walk around dressed as letterboxes?

Sponsored Links
Back