Boris

Sponsored Links
Going around looking like letter boxes.

Mmmm nothing like insulting people.

Mind, I expect Yafo will be along to explain why full face veil bans in Denmark and across Europe, dont discriminate against Muslim women.

Not sure discriminate is the right word.

Presumably all laws discriminate against the law breakers.

Not sure discriminate is the right word.

Presumably all laws discriminate against the law breakers.

Well, I might have said racism, but a certain person would come along and say, a religion is not a race.

Ok, ethnic discrimination

Sponsored Links
Get it right the first time, then no one will have to correct you.

If you don't, then what you write is wrong. :)

Horrific garment - Bozza hazza point.

Yes, thats true.

I stayed in a hotel in an Arabic quarter of Bangkok and often used to get in the lift and see women wearing full burkas, no slit for eyes nothing.

It made me feel uncomfortable because in my eyes it felt like an awful oppression of the freedom of women.

Although in a liberal society I dont think it should be banned.

I wouldn't mind the point of oppression being argued against if women actually had the choice not to wear them. This is one of the many ironies that seem to come along with religious facial/head coverings; often told "it's a womans choice to wear one" when in reality, it's their choice to avoid the concequences of not wearing such garb.

I don't know if they are made to wear it or choose to wear it. Some of each I suppose.

Not many muslim women worldwide do wear it so why do some?

If that's how they normally dress and that's what they are used to then I would feel uncomfortable about telling them they must do what they would think of as partially undressing.
What if some country passes a law banning women from wearing skirts? I don't mean wear trousers, just take your skirt off.

If western women in these days of equality claim they should be allowed to wear whatever they want - meaning as little as they want - without having to put up with stares or comments from men, then it does seem odd that some cannot wear as much as they want.

Not many muslim women worldwide do wear it so why do some?

I think where they are is a great influence.

If that's how they normally dress and that's what they are used to then I would feel uncomfortable about telling them they must do what they would think of as partially undressing.
What if some country passes a law banning women from wearing skirts? I don't mean wear trousers, just take your skirt off.

This completely ignores context. I take your point but I don't generally interact with a womans crotch when I'm out in public.

If western women in these days of equality claim they should be allowed to wear whatever they want - meaning as little as they want - without having to put up with stares or comments from men, then it does seem odd that some cannot wear as much as they want.

Some might agree, I personally have a hard time having an indepth conversation with people who wear sun glasses. I just don't feel I can interact with them without a sense of isolation or reservation. https://www.google.com/search?q=conversation+with+sun+glasses&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab

And again, with women wearing less if they chose, interaction generally happens at eye level; as awkward as it could possibly feel.

Going around looking like letter boxes.

Mmmm nothing like insulting people.

Mind, I expect Yafo will be along to explain why full face veil bans in Denmark and across Europe, dont discriminate against Muslim women.

What about gangs of people in hoodys and face coverings?

You never did answer.

I know my example is a bit extreme but perhaps they regard you looking at their face as embarrassing. I don't know if they do but they must wear it for a reason.

There is no logical answer to what people regard as acceptable dress.

How far away from the beach does a shop have to be before wearing a bikini (just underwear really) becomes unacceptable?
Same goes for topless fat blokes - it's always only fat ones who do it.

What about gangs of people in hoodys and face coverings?

You never did answer.

You made a claim that the ban in Denmark is not racist, but you refuse to back up your claim and put it in context.

(By racist, I am assuming that includes ethnic discrimination).

(By racist, I am assuming that includes ethnic discrimination).
The 1965 Race Relations Act also mentions "ethnicity".
Race Relations Act 1965
The Act banned racial discrimination in public places and made the promotion of hatred on the grounds of ‘colour, race, or ethnic or national origins’ an offence.
https://www.parliament.uk/about/living- heritage/transformingsociety/private-lives/relationships/collections1/race-relations-act-1965/race-relations-act-1965/

Sponsored Links
Back