Boris

Either is not illegal even though it may be unpalatable to most.

I'm pretty sure Boris has not been accused of a criminal offense. We already know he's a tw*t. We already know he's not suitable to be a Prime Minister, though he's desperately angling for the job. All that's happening is that people are commenting on his ****tish, gobshite behaviour, and his unsuitability for even his current serious, responsible, well-paid job. Is that wrong?

Sponsored Links
Becoming...I said...Im not that impressed with where all the "hate crime" legislation is heading either...wolf whistle at a woman....hate crime...wolf whistle at a lesbian....double wammie...lesbian birka wearer......your ass is grass!...
The abuse Alan Sugar received...and the amount of coverage....over cleavage comment..FFS its stupid

Seriously? You really have a victimhood mentality. If you use a little bit of tact at times to read the situation then I am sure you can get your message across. If you feel it's impacting your freedom you cannot use those terms perhaps it says more about your own views than anything else. You can disagree with muslims, gays, lesbians all you like.

On the surface that sounds straightforward.

But at what point does it become offensive and/or intimidating?

I prefer a society where everybody is included and people feel safe to just walk down a street and get on with their lives.

Why does anybody feel the need to shout obscene comments, especially to strangers ?
I have no idea why people don't just others let live.
I suppose we can ask the same question world over, every race, every religion. However, having a unpleasant view point or habit of trying to upset someone on the street shouldn't be a criminal offense imo. It's a dangerous route to take.

No it isn't.

Humour is currently on a slippery slope where people guilty of any kind of wrong think, be it through comedy or otherwise, is destined for the gulag.

It's not a question of will it or won't it but how soon. The worrying thing is, while you sit on the fence and either agree with why they're doing it or believe it's not happening, eventually you will be the one it comes down on.

Sponsored Links
I'm pretty sure Boris has not been accused of a criminal offense. We already know he's a tw*t. We already know he's not suitable to be a Prime Minister. All that's happening is that people are commenting on his ****tish, gobshite behaviour. Is that wrong?

No but it seems to be turning a bit like the circus around Trump. Sometimes we just need to step back. Both produce copious amounts of drivel and to many times we sink in the sea of BS.

Those defending free speech have to by definition defend freedom of expression which can take many forms such as what you wear or what you believe in, but they must accept that all freedoms are not absolute - this is where they fail.

Humour is currently on a slippery slope where people guilty of any kind of wrong think, be it through comedy or otherwise, is destined for the gulag.

It's not a question of will it or won't it but how soon.

Nonsense.

I'm pretty sure Boris has not been accused of a criminal offense. We already know he's a tw*t. We already know he's not suitable to be a Prime Minister, though he's desperately angling for the job. All that's happening is that people are commenting on his ****tish, gobshite behaviour, and his unsuitability for even his current serious, responsible, well-paid job. Is that wrong?
Should they demand an apology? He should just be viewed as a stupid man and move on.

It's not a question of will it or won't it but how soon. The worrying thing is, while you sit on the fence and either agree with why they're doing it or believe it's not happening, eventually you will be the one it comes down on.

The sky is falling on our heads. Let's run for the hills. These darn fence sitters!

Nothing like a fresh pot of conspiracy in the morning, it keeps you going throughout the day.

Humour is subjective and I think we've come a long way since offensive 70's sitcoms. Being cruel, sexist or racist isn't considered to be funny material anymore, thankfully. So today's style of comedy, by and large, is completely different and not in danger of being curtailed by the thought police!

Humour is subjective and I think we've come a long way since offensive 70's sitcoms. Being cruel, sexist or racist isn't considered to be funny material anymore, thankfully. So today's style of comedy, by and large, is completely different and not in danger of being curtailed by the thought police!

You're talking about the mainstream ideals of comedic performance. I've just posted a link to the story behind Markus Meecham; subjective it is but conformist, it is not.

Your idea of humour might not be the same as my idea of humour. I still find comedy from the 70s to be amusing, does that mean I'm destined for the gulag because it's not the sort of humour today's comics subscribe to?

It's not a question of will it or won't it but how soon.

Nonsense.

No evidence, no point to argue, just a collection of words, based on nothing.

What is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

The point Boris Johnson made was sensible, but the message he wanted convey has been spoilt by his added comments: letter box and bank robber.

this is what he said:
He wrote: ‘If you tell me that the burka is oppressive, then I am with you. ‘If you say that it is weird and bullying to expect women to cover their faces, then I totally agree – and I would add that I can find no scriptural authority for the practice in the Koran. ‘I would go further and say that it is absolutely ridiculous that people should choose to go around looking like letter boxes.’ But he said a total ban would boost radicals who claim there is a ‘clash of civilisations’ between Islam and the West.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/07/bori...rsial-letterbox-comments-7810863/?ito=cbshare

I agree, the Burka is oppressive. But a ban is wrong, we should encourage the liberation of women from the face coverings by discourse not by enforcement.

calling it a letter box -detracts from the message, it becomes an insult to those that choose to wear it and in the current climate we dont need any inflammatory narrative from leaders

Sponsored Links
Back