Boris

Being offended is a personal choice. It's up to the individual if they feel offended or not. You're talking about feelings here, no inciting violence or hatred or making someone feel threatened.

Boris didn't make anyone feel threatened did he? Or the guy with the pug. No, they hurt some people's feelings.
Absolutely, if we concentrated on politeness, maybe teach tolerance more strongly at schools then we can break some of this cycle. Freedom comes with idiots am afraid but I'd rather encounter idiots than have any thoughts quashed by the law.

We can also teach tolerance everywhere, including some tolerance when idiots say idiotic things, instead of being offended or, in the case where it does not directly affect us, be offended on behalf of others as seems to be the trend now.
It seems the mods don't agree with you :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
We already know he's not suitable to be a Prime Minister, though
Funny you should say that,because his comments have made him more popular with many voters who think birkas should be banned

Seriously? You really have a victimhood mentality. If you use a little bit of tact at times to read the situation then I am sure you can get your message across. If you feel it's impacting your freedom you cannot use those terms perhaps it says more about your own views than anything else. You can disagree with muslims, gays, lesbians all you like.
What a load of bolx

Humour is subjective and I think we've come a long way since offensive 70's sitcoms. Being cruel, sexist or racist isn't
Rofl . .you mean like Keith Lemon...."cummin in America"..worse than Benny Hill.....and Naked Blind date.. very sophicated

Sponsored Links
Funny you should say that,because his comments have made him more popular with many voters who think birkas should be banned
So is Boris playing to his 'audience'?

Or is his 'audience' being played by the clown?

Either way, 'stupid is as stupid does' is a rather apt phrase!

Rofl . .you mean like Keith Lemon...."cummin in America"..worse than Benny Hill.....and Naked Blind date.. very sophicated
Benny Hill has been dead 26 years.
Never seen Keith Lemon or Naked blind date. But do they call people nig-n*gs etc on those shows? What about W*gs similar to that heard in Til death do us part?
I think racism and stereotyping is a bit different to tv with vulgarity.

So is Boris playing to his 'audience'?

Listening LBC just a little while ago, Iain Dale was making that exact point. I wouldnt say he is a far right racist, but he could well be looking to engage a section of the electorate to get their vote.

It seems the timing is advantageous, government is in recess, gaining him full media coverage.

It seems the timing is advantageous, government is in recess, gaining him full media coverage.
And yet he is apparently magically now on 'holiday', and thus no further response from him is forthcoming...

Listening LBC just a little while ago, Iain Dale was making that exact point. I wouldnt say he is a far right racist, but he could well be looking to engage a section of the electorate to get their vote.
So do you think he's maybe simply an 'opportunistic racist' playing to a willing 'racist quitter audience'?

So you think he's maybe an 'opportunistic racist' playing to a willing 'racist quitter audience'

No I dont think what he said is racist, but it could legitimise disparaging remarks.

And I think it shows once more, he is a calculating career politician. As such there is a hidden agenda.

And I think it shows once more, he is a calculating career politician. As such there is a hidden agenda.
Probably the reason why he suddenly (reluctantly according to him) became a quitter!

Thus playing to that particular audience in order to gain the most personally.

Which does beg the question...

Why do quitters believe their 'leaders' have their (quitter) best interests at heart?

Being offended is a personal choice. It's up to the individual if they feel offended or not. You're talking about feelings here, no inciting violence or hatred or making someone feel threatened.

Boris didn't make anyone feel threatened did he? Or the guy with the pug. No, they hurt some people's feelings.
Absolutely, if we concentrated on politeness, maybe teach tolerance more strongly at schools then we can break some of this cycle. Freedom comes with idiots am afraid but I'd rather encounter idiots than have any thoughts quashed by the law.

We can also teach tolerance everywhere, including some tolerance when idiots say idiotic things, instead of being offended or, in the case where it does not directly affect us, be offended on behalf of others as seems to be the trend now.

Are you sure BJ didn't incite violence or hatred, and therefore threatened? If he had just omitted the reference to postbox or bank robbers there would be no argument would there?

It comes back to the same issue, at what point does rudeness become offensive or threatening? Is it ok to lightly insult a stranger? Is it ok to insult strangers because you always have done in the past? Or is it ok to put it in writing rather than aloud in the street?

For the sake of leaving out 1 sentence there would be no argument. So to say it (in written word), and to not apologise, does that pander to people who want their leaders to speak out against certain people?

It is just as easy to be polite, so why not ? A reason? Yes, of course, it was BJ. A buffoon definitely, but he isn't stupid (education wise), and understands what effect his article had!

Has he offended me with those comments ? No. Am I offended on behalf of other people? No. Do I want a calmer friendlier society? Yes. I don't see how anatagonising a certain section of people is good for that aim.

I don't see how anatagonising a certain section of people is good for that aim.

I gave you plenty of opportunity to speak up against the comment from the left Dumb Yanks. Septic Tank

I gave you plenty of opportunity to speak up against the comment from the left Dumb Yanks. Septic Tank

Not an expression I have ever used.

You do understand though that the term yank does not mean all, or even most, Americans ?

Sponsored Links
Back