Boris

Why do you think he or I should care if they are? I don't and 'but muh feelings' isn't good enough to shut down a valid discussion. 20+ pages have already been generated on this forum alone. Have you been asleep?

They're entitled to be offended in the same way he's entitled to say what he has.

A second poll has emerged by comres, again backing him, I'll add.

And it won't all be white right wingers backing him in this poll. It will be all colours religions and nationalities backing him

Sponsored Links
You could try and post something sensible or truthful...? (y)

Well so far you've not provided an example of this(untruthful) nor provided any decent argument to suggest anything different to what I have. You attacked me by calling me naive after rambling about a non existent leadership contest within the con club but you haven't addressed what I've said.

What I've said so far has been backed up by poll data, suppose you'll accuse me of fabricating that next.

Boris%20and%20David-01.png

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2018/07/12/conservatives-are-suffering-events-following-chequ/

Sponsored Links
It is at least as relevant as quoting an online survey done for the daily express

Not when it was conducted at the start of July before his article was published and has no relevance to what he said and the likelihood that people would or would not agree with his statement.

99% of those asked could have said they'd be glad to see him go, still doesn't change the fact more people think he shouldn't apologise for what he's said or that the majority agree with him.

He wanted to get into the public eye and gather support, after being held in contempt by many voters.

you're talking about his carefully crafted magazine article, intended to hit the media and attract the attention of the anti-muslim crowd.

He's bidding for the PM job, so the more people who think "he's one of us" the happier he'll be. He took care to put in a sop to the tolerant liberals as well.

There was nothing accidental or unplanned about his scheme.

His support is at its weakest among people who've actually met and (tried to) work with him.

He wanted to get into the public eye and gather support, after being held in contempt by many voters.

you're talking about his carefully crafted magazine article, intended to hit the media and attract the attention of the anti-muslim crowd.

He's bidding for the PM job, so the more people who think "he's one of us" the happier he'll be. He took care to put in a sop to the tolerant liberals as well.

There was nothing accidental or unplanned about his scheme.

His support is at its weakest among people who've actually met and (tried to) work with him.

:sleep:

He's doing a Trump, isn't he? It is the modern way.
He seems to be friendly with Trump and Bannon so...

Some in America think there is a right wing racist conspiracy by those in charge and Trump is but one step in the procedure; not a single abberation.

As for Boris's comment - is an inquiry necessary? He definitely wrote it.
Is what he wrote true, in fact? I.e. do the items look like each other.

If, yes, then an inquiry will not be into what he said but the fact that some think it should not be allowed to say true things.
If, no, then it must be nonsense so what is the fuss about?

Boris's hair looks like a haystack. So what? Just happens to be not religious.

And it's working

"Trump favourite for British MP endorses BNP policy to Ban the Burqa
August 12 2018 Henry Watts"

"Muslim appeaser and anti-Brexit supporter, Prime Minister Theresa May, of course, disapproved of Johnson’s joke and branded it “offensive”."

says the BNP

He also has the support of the wife of the Conservative Environment Secretary, Michael Gove, who sparked outrage after claiming that abusing Muslims is ‘clever and funny‘.

Sarah Vine, who also writes as a columnist for the Daily Mail, made the controversial outburst in response to left-wing journalist Owen Jones on Twitter.

Jones initially tweeted a picture of the recent widely-criticised Spectator article that argued “there is not nearly enough Islamophobia within the Tory Party“, adding:

“If a magazine published an article saying “there is not nearly enough anti-Semitism within the Labour Party”, it would rightly be a national scandal and both the writer and editor would be fired.

Why is this different? Because Islamophobia is rampant and normalised on the right.”

Used to be politicians were judged on their policies and performance, now political correctness has been weaponised to get rid of them.
With Johnson the Islamophobia smear is being used to get rid of him ,just the Anti-semitism slur is being used to ruin Corbyn.
If a politician has overstepped the line then it should be up to the electorate to punish them at the ballot box.
It is estimated that the Tories lost 28 marginal seats at the last elections because Muslims view the Tories as anti Muslim, Johnson's actions may alienate even more Muslims.
Johnson must know that his comments will upset Muslims so he must have made a crude calculation that what he loses in Muslim support he will gain among the right wing populists and other non Muslim sections of society.

Sponsored Links
Back