Bosch extra-clean

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm cutting some 18mm wood for a cupboard and would like it to look neat after I'm done. I've been looking for blades and (assuming I'm cutting from the top) I think I need a downstroke one like the T101BR. Am I right in that?

After looking round I also saw the T308 which apparently is meant to produce a clean cut on both sides. It's a few quid more expensive, but if it is going to look better then I don't mind spending the money. Has anyone actually used these and are they better, or is it just marketing gibberish?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
When you say wood, do you mean wood or 'Conitboard'?

If you're using the jigsaw for detailed work then T101BR is ok (or you could cut with the good face down & use a standard jigsaw blade.

If you making long cuts then you need a circular saw (or handsaw) to get a decent straight cuts.

In general ones which cut on the upstroke are to be preferred, as that pulls the saw down onto the work, rather than tries to throw it off.

Try the Dual-Cut blades from Starrett. Not easy to find, but exceptional as they effectively cut into both surfaces unlike other blades which only really leave one surface clean cut. The BU2DCS-2 is ideal for 16 to 18mm melamine-faced chipboard (e.g. Contiboard, etc) whilst the BU3DC is better for thicker stuff. Sold by UK Jigsawblades

Sponsored Links
If they cut on the downstroke then they will tend to chip or splinter the bottom surface.

If they cut on the upstroke then they will tend to chip or splinter the top surface.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back