Boy's name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAYLORD: From surname meaning "dandy" or "merry fellow." Variant, Gayelord, exists

Who would have thought that Gaylord meant "dandy"? ;)

Whatever you do, DON'T call him that!!! Anyone who has been to Orlando in the last few years may have seen the "Gaylord Palms Convention Center"...

I thought that perhaps Gaylord was a name without stigma in America, turns out I was wrong: of all the many people I met in Orlando, one of them worked there and apparently "gaylord" means exactly the same there as it does here!

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
Unfortunately when I was 5yo I thought Debbie McGee was hot stuff... Scary :eek:
She's actually a very nice person, I met her when i had to do a job putting some lights into a disappearing cabinet for her hubby.

AdamW said:
Just as an aside, an ex-gf from a long time ago is called "Rowena", which I always assumed to be the female version of Rowan, but it isn't. It turns out to be a Welsh name meaning "Slender and fair"... pretty close to the mark as she is a skinny blonde! :LOL:
but she impressed you no doubt?

Rowena, Rowenta :LOL: :oops: exit stage right........................................

Sponsored Links
You jest, but every time I see a sandwich toaster I remember her...

And it's not just because it was impossible to clean all the cheesy bits off her after use. ;)

Now we know why Adam has difficulty finding a g/f. Still smells like a stale s/wich toaster...

Still, chin up mate - according to that Lynx ad, spray it on and you'll get hooked by a couple of mermaids..........

AdamW said:
You jest, but every time I see a sandwich toaster I remember her...

And it's not just because it was impossible to clean all the cheesy bits off her after use. ;)
i thought her name was Rowena not Emental? :p

locked to prevent hi jacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back