Boy's name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a cousin who had a lucky escape. He nearly ended up as Richard Edward Gray. Fortunately his parents realised at the last minute that not only would it shorten to "Dick Ed", but his initials would be REG! He's now Richard James Gray - much better.

Sponsored Links
What ever you find the name easier to shout at :!:

When my late dad called me Andrew I'm in trouble otherwise it's Andy :D

ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
@ school (when i attended :) ) there was a lad who's surname was kerrs
& his first name was wayne,seriously.my mum would'nt say why she thought it was a horrible name as i was only young at the time.

That's pretty bad, but I supposed it could have been a little worse, he could have had a Spanish mother who insisted on calling him Juan.

You've got me started now, trawling through our directory for stupid names, ok, I'm a bit bored, best I've come up with so far is Ian Wan*lyn... Poor bloke (apologies to any other wan*lyn's out there) Anyone top that?

Sponsored Links
yup! I worked for Domestic & General Insurance a while back and among the amusing customer names I can remember are Mr W**kanda and the fantastically double-barreled "Mrs Minges-Kitchen". I just couldn't stop myself laughing on the phone!

Myself and a couple of others, on one bored afternoon, trawled through the e-mail directory a couple of years back.

Some of the classics were:

a guy whose surname was C*nto
a lady by the name of Flick Kok.
someone by the name of Yip Lip Yip (?!?!?!)

Shortening names is true, the problem with having an unshortenable name is people will try anyway, "Hey Ads, how are you doing?" But, if he goes to a more old-fashioned school then they will generally call him by surname so "Abbo" would be more likely... Wonder if the filter will pick that one out as a racial slur... :rolleyes:

By the way, another name not to give your son is Harry, as this could be shortened to Hal. Hal Abbott...

Talking of lucky escapes, my grandmother on my father's side was of Irish descent. So, she wanted my parents to give me a good old Irish name. Kelly. If I was a boy. Seriously, she couldn't see a problem with calling a boy Kelly in England!!! Thankfully my parents aren't mental or vindictive.

I always felt sorry for the kids at school with surnames like "Pratt" and "Willy". :LOL:

AdamW said:
I always felt sorry for the kids at school with surnames like "Pratt" and "Willy". :LOL:

do you remeber the tv series randall and hopkirk (deceased)

randal was played by Mike Pratt, it was the only thing he ever did, i wonder were they trying to say something.

I once heard of a customer (I never met him but others did) called Mr Looney.

A friend of mine (Vietnamese) has an odd looking name Duong (pronounced "yung" ) his first name is just as bad

he has a mate called Ngyuen (prounounced wyn)

one i alwas remember is from another tv series (yes i know its made up but rather funny)

was sykes, in "tinctonese" it sounds like she-ikes meaning excrement and cranium (sh*t head)

then form hitch hikers guide to the galaxy who could forget Zaphodbeeblebrox

Actually worked with a guy named Phil Mycock .... he never had a problem until my lot descended into his previously quiet and refined office !!
Reminds me :-
One of the most awkward things that can happen in a pub is when your
pint-to-toilet cycle gets synchronised with a complete stranger

;)

Or the old urban myth of Lucy Likes, who apparently lived in a pub called the c*ckwell inn, which is in a place called Tillet which is in Hertfordshire. So her address is

Lucy Likes
The C*ckwell Inn,
Tillet,
Herts.

Complete fabrication, there is no tillet in Hertfordshire, but still mildly amusing to the child within.

I asked my postman this morning regarding unusual name.

Mr F*ken, poor fellow :) (the missing letter is U )

There was a Korean guy at my school called Ng. Luckily there are no chemical elements with that as a symbol... Looks like it should be a heavy metal of some type.

I graduated from uni in October 2001. One of the guys who also graduated in that ceremony was called something Bin Laden, and the first name sounded very much like Osama... got a few murmurs and sniggers from the audience! :eek:

breezer said:
do you remeber the tv series randall and hopkirk (deceased)

randal was played by Mike Pratt, it was the only thing he ever did, i wonder were they trying to say something.
Will have to correct you on that one:

Mike Pratt (I)

Filmography as: Actor, Composer, Writer, Notable TV Guest Appearances

Actor - filmography
(1970s) (1960s)

Cider with Rosie (1975) (TV) .... Uncle Ray
Swallows and Amazons (1974) .... Mr. Dixon
"Cakes and Ale" (1974) (mini) TV Series
Assassin (1973) .... Matthew
Vault of Horror, The (1973) (as Michael Pratt) .... Clive
... aka Further Tales from the Crypt (1973)
... aka Tales from the Crypt, Part II (1973)
Invasion: UFO (1972)
Sitting Target (1972) .... Prison Warder Accomplice
"Brothers, The" (1972) TV Series .... Don Stacey
Goodbye Gemini (1970) .... Rod Barstowe
... aka Twinsanity (1970)

"Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased)" (1969) TV Series .... Jeff Randall
... aka "My Partner the Ghost" (1969) (USA)
Fixer, The (1968) .... Father Anastasy
Dandy in Aspic, A (1968) (as Michael Pratt) .... Greff
Robbery (1967) (uncredited) .... Informant at Railway Station
Nutter, The (1965) (TV)
... aka Theatre 625: Portraits from the North No. 1 (1965) (TV) (UK: series title)
Time in Advance (1965) (TV) .... Otto Henck
... aka Out of the Unknown: Time in Advance (1965) (TV) (UK: series title)
"Mind of the Enemy, The" (1965) (mini) TV Series .... Brian Calder
Party's Over, The (1965) .... Geronimo
Repulsion (1965) .... Workman
Face of a Stranger (1964) (uncredited)
... aka Edgar Wallace Mysteries: Face of a Stranger (1964) (UK: series title)
This Is My Street (1963) .... Sid Graham
Impact (1963) (as Michael Pratt) .... Police Inspector

Composer - filmography
(1960s) (1950s)

System, The (1964) (song "The System") (uncredited)
... aka Girl-Getters, The (1966) (USA)
Light Up the Sky! (1960) (songs)
... aka Skywatch (1960) (USA)

Duke Wore Jeans, The (1958)

Writer - filmography

"Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased)" (2000) TV Series (story) (episode "Mental Apparition Disorder")

Notable TV Guest Appearances

"Oil Strike North" (1975) in episode: "First Lion" (episode # 1.4) 16 September 1975
"Hunter's Walk" (1973) playing "Harrop Thorne" in episode: "Lost Sheep" (episode # 2.5) 20 May 1974
"Arthur of the Britons" (1972) playing "Mordant" in episode: "People of the Plough" (episode # 1.5) 3 January 1973
"Softly Softly" (1966) playing "Drew" in episode: "Cover" 1973
"Pathfinders, The" (1972) playing "Malcolm Woolie" in episode: "Codename Gomorrah" (episode # 1.9) 13 December 1972
"Spyder's Web" (1972) playing "President Baras" in episode: "An Almost Modest Man" (episode # 1.10) 24 March 1972
"Callan" (1967) playing "Medov" in episode: "Rules of the Game" (episode # 4.4) 22 March 1972
"Jason King" (1971) playing "Carson" in episode: "A Red Red Rose Forever" (episode # 1.8) 1 December 1971
"Hadleigh" (1969) playing "Brian Alwyn" in episode: "Ring of Fire" (episode # 2.3) 22 January 1971
"UFO" (1970) playing "Clem Mason" in episode: "The Psychobombs" (episode # 1.12) 30 December 1970
"Champions, The" (1968) playing "Raven" in episode: "Twelve Hours" (episode # 1.13) 18 December 1968
"Man in a Suitcase" (1967) playing "Detective Sergeant Peters" in episode: "Variation On A Million Bucks: Part 1" (episode # 1.4) 18 October 1967
"Saint, The" (1962) playing "Jeff Peterson" in episode: "The Persistent Patriots" (episode # 5.15) 6 January 1967
"Baron, The" (1966) playing "Sheldon" in episode: "There's Someone Close Behind You" (episode # 1.14) 28 December 1966
"Man in Room 17, The" (1965) playing "Simpson" in episode: "How to Rob a Bank ... And Get Away With It" (episode # 2.1) 8 April 1966
"Thirty-Minute Theatre" (1965) in episode: "Brothers" (episode # 1.17) 24 January 1966
"Danger Man" (1964) playing "Garage Manager" in episode: "The Man Who Wouldn't Talk" (episode # 2.14) 30 December 1965
"Z Cars" (1962) in episode: "Contrary to Regulations" (episode # 5.8) 23 November 1965
"Out of the Unknown" (1965) playing "Henck" in episode: "Time in Advance" (episode # 1.5) 1 November 1965
"Redcap" (1964) playing "Sgt. Bailey" in episode: "Epitaph for a Sweet" (episode # 1.3) 31 October 1965
"Danger Man" (1964) playing "British Controller" in episode: "A Very Dangerous Game" (episode # 2.3) 7 October 1965
"Danger Man" (1964) playing "Serge" in episode: "The Black Book" (episode # 2.2) 30 September 1965
"R3" (1964) playing "Croxley" in episode: "It's Better to Know" (episode # 2.10) 7 September 1965
"Man in Room 17, The" (1965) playing "Lt. Achara" in episode: "Find the Lady" (episode # 1.9) 6 August 1965
"Danger Man" (1964) playing "Briefcase" in episode: "The Ubiquitous Mr. Lovegrove" (episode # 1.18) 17 February 1965
"Gideon's Way" (1965) playing "Red Carter" in episode: "The Reluctant Witness" (episode # 1.24) 1965
"Saint, The" (1962) playing "Alex Morgan" in episode: "The Imprudent Politician" (episode # 3.10) 10 December 1964
"Protectors, The" (1964) playing "Brian Winters" in episode: "It Could Happen Here" (episode # 1.7) 9 May 1964
"Out of This World" (1962) playing "Mac" in episode: "Dumb Martian" (episode # 1.1) 24 June 1962
Info care of Internet Movie Database

He was in UFO? That was rubbish!

Don't worry about me, I'm just still miffed about how the 21st century started, yet I STILL don't have:

1) My flying car
2) My house of tomorrow
3) A personal robot
4) A holiday in space
5) My holographic TV set
6) A futuristic metallic suit to go to work in
7) A secretary with purple hair

Eddie M said:
Or the old urban myth of Lucy Likes, who apparently lived in a pub called the c*ckwell inn, which is in a place called Tillet which is in Hertfordshire. So her address is

Lucy Likes
The C*ckwell Inn,
Tillet,
Herts.

Complete fabrication, there is no tillet in Hertfordshire, but still mildly amusing to the child within.
of course there is a place called Tillet in Hertforshire,it's right next to Speshleywennit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back