brake lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do people not understand the importance of these essential accident-prevention tools????

I ws following someone earlier, in the dark, with no brake lights, so i pulled alongside them at traffic lights and told the female passenger that their brake lights arent working. Unbelievable response:

"the brakes dont need much pressure to work so the light doesn't come on. They do work though"

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Of all the excuses . . . I didn't give her anymore of my valuable time, merely told her to get it sorted as i drove off.

Another time i was following a caravan on tow whose driver had forgotten to plug the caravan in to the car, therefore had NO REAR LIGHTS whatsoever. When i pulled alongside the ignorant twit and told him the error of his ways, he merely nodded and smiled and pulled off.

Has the world gone mad????

Do people not realise that driving a car without properly functioning brake lights is basically driving an un-roadworthy vehicle?

Sponsored Links
i was following a arctic the other week. left indicator worked, right side light, and that was it. and it was dark.

and if the brakes dont need much pressure to work, then the siwtch for the lights shouldnt need much pressure

they carry on without a care. probably dont have any insurance neither.

in an ideal situation, you would be able to report this to the police /some traffic authority, and they would take it seriously enough to sort the people out. this aint gona happen though. so alternative courses of action may have to be taken ie report the car/driver for behaving suspiciously ie drug dealing. or crash into the back of them and claim under their insurance (if they have it).

Sponsored Links
user56565 said:
or crash into the back of them and claim under their insurance (if they have it).

id rather find out if they do have insurance first...

andrew2022 said:
user56565 said:
or crash into the back of them and claim under their insurance (if they have it).

I fear the police would do you for driving without due care and attention before anything gets done about the brake lights.

crafty1289 said:
andrew2022 said:
user56565 said:

I fear the police would do you for driving without due care and attention before anything gets done about the brake lights.

not your fault they have no brake lights so you dont see them braking until your up their arse

what happens when they say the lights were working until you hit them and broke them?... your word against theirs?

dabaldie said:
what happens when they say the lights were working until you hit them and broke them?... your word against theirs?

and whats the chances of all 3 (possibly 2) brake lights failing at the same time? and what if you dont hit near the lights

Believe it or not, it is possible to tell if a lamp was lit when it was broken. Something to do with the way the fillament burns.

Spark123 said:
Believe it or not, it is possible to tell if a lamp was lit when it was broken. Something to do with the way the fillament burns.

aswell as the fact that itll be smashed if it doesnt work because of bein hit...

iirc it is to do with the fillament breaking burning in air as opposed to the fillament breaking in a vacuum or just being impacted, oxidisation possibly? not 100% sure.

Spark123 said:
iirc it is to do with the fillament breaking burning in air as opposed to the fillament breaking in a vacuum or just being impacted, oxidisation possibly? not 100% sure.

i think it is summit to do with that... not sure how they work it out, but it can be done. if it was broken when hit, the filiment should have a 'clean cut' if filiment has burnt out, there would be a little 'bubble' of filiment. or summit like that

Sponsored Links
Back