Brexit shambles, Tory government tries to blame anyone else... anyone!

Why should a prime minister need to seek a consensus to leave the EU

Because, as you know, there are four possible options for future trade with our largest trading market, the EU, and possible shades of variation beyond that. The referendum did not specify which option voters or the UK wanted, and Theresa did not know when she sent the resignation letter.

Our idiot Brexit Secretary, David Davies, wasn't even aware of the options and what was possible and what was impossible.

Theresa forced our highly experienced UK ambassador to the EU out of his job, and refused to listen to anyone with knowledge or experience. Hence she ended up with an unworkable "agreement" that Parliament rejected.

That's why we would have done better with a competent Prime Minister who agreed the UK's objectives and plan before sending the resignation letter.

I don't know if you've ever entered negotiations without knowing what you wanted or what you could afford to pay, and if you'd sent a letter cancelling your previous contract before starting negotiations for your new one. If you have, you're the same kind of idiot as Theresa.

Sponsored Links
:rolleyes: ball cocks . if the with drwal agreement had been agreed then we could go on to the next stage

corbyn and the other buffoons voted it down , Which bit of that dont u under stand :confused:
More than you.

Immensely more than you.

You understand SFA.

What the EU tries for and what the UK government will agree to are not the same thing

It looks like the Eu are going to cave in nothing new there tbh

Europe has a history of caving in

:sneaky:

Sponsored Links
Because, as you know, there are four possible options for future trade with our largest trading market, the EU, and possible shades of variation beyond that. The referendum did not specify which option voters or the UK wanted, and Theresa did not know when she sent the resignation letter.

Our idiot Brexit Secretary, David Davies, wasn't even aware of the options and what was possible and what was impossible.

Theresa forced our highly experienced UK ambassador to the EU out of his job, and refused to listen to anyone with knowledge or experience. Hence she ended up with an unworkable "agreement" that Parliament rejected.

That's why we would have done better with a competent Prime Minister who agreed the UK's objectives and plan before sending the resignation letter.

I don't know if you've ever entered negotiations without knowing what you wanted or what you could afford to pay, and if you'd sent a letter cancelling your previous contract before starting negotiations for your new one. If you have, you're the same kind of idiot as Theresa.
Theresa May never wanted to leave the EU in the first place.
That alone explains the mess we are in now.

The Brexers have never been able to agree what sort of Brexit they want, and have been incapable of offering a Proposal and Plan. They remain incapable.

That alone explains the mess we are in now.

Not that alone - Theresa May's desperate incompetence and utter disregard for anything except Tory party unity (and she f****d that up too) has also played a significant part.

Remains a shambles.

Theresa is still fond of her proposal that has been overwhelmingly defeated three times.

No other option has won a parliamentary vote, but some of them are much more favoured than Theresa's deal.

Nick Boles blames the obstainacy of Tory members who refuse to compromise, and has resigned the Tory party whip

Remains a shambles.
I disagree...

Whilst no overall decision, the votes are getting closer with abstainers still waiting until the last minute.
(funnily enough that's what many said the EU would do, and yet they at least have been consistent)

Personally I'd go for another referendum, but as a compromise the 'Norway plus' option.
(at least the latter would keep freedom of movement which is my red line!)

I have a feeling in the end it will come down to Clarke's 'customs union', or a 'customs union' with a public confirmatory vote attached - aka another referendum.

No other option has won a parliamentary vote,

I have a feeling in the end it will come down to Clarke's 'customs union', or a 'customs union' with a public confirmatory vote attached - aka another referendum.
Annoyingly, the Customs Union option failed by only 3 votes. Even more annoyingly, at least 13 SNP MPs abstained on that option. There may be many more SNP MPs that abstained on that issue.
I appreciate it is not the full blown Single Market which they would prefer, but it would meet the majority of their requirements.

If we have the former without the latter then the Brexanatics will never, ever, stop banging on. And since no Parliament may bind future ones we will always face the risk that a bunch of swivel-eyed loonies will take us down a path to destruction.

Plus a customs union only adresses 20% of our economy.

Let's have a referendum now on the deal on the table vs remaining in the EU.

Sponsored Links
Back