British expats in EU launch Brexit legal challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me what it achieved contrary to echoing by the same crowd anything we didn't already know, Specifically in regard to Trump.

I'll save you the bother of replying - nothing
It allowed people to have a voice. I am sorry you seem to think that's not important. The right to protest is very important, and to belittle that hard earned right is a shame. You don't have to agree with the protest to understand that it's still important to have that right.

Sponsored Links
It allowed people to have a voice. I am sorry you seem to think that's not important. The right to protest is very important, and to belittle that hard earned right is a shame. You don't have to agree with the protest to understand that it's still important to have that right.

That was never my argument. I've not said anyone shouldn't be able to, all I've said is it was a waste of time and absurd that we should protest someone who was democratically elected.

It shines light on the hypocrisy of the deafening silence from the same crowd, when we have visits from the leaders of China or Saudi Arabia but when the nasty man who sends mean tweets and enacts Obama's policies for him drops by for a visit, suddenly there's a song and dance.

That was never my argument. I've not said anyone shouldn't be able to, all I've said is it was a waste of time and absurd that we should protest someone who was democratically elected.
By saying it was a waste of time is exactly that. It's not up to you to tell people what to do with their time! You just make a choice not to protest for your own reasons, which is your right, but leave those who wish to protest get on with it, irrelevant if it achieves anything.

It allowed people to have a voice, there was unity (and no violence) and I know my friends from America who are anti-Trump thought it was great, as they would. It also shows the government that UK people are capable of making up their own minds, no matter how many UK bigwigs he shakes hands with. It also hurt Trump's pride. It was a nice, big 'Fu*k you' done in the British way.

By saying it was a waste of time is exactly that. It's not up to you to tell people what to do with their time! You just make a choice not to protest for your own reasons, which is your right, but leave those who wish to protest get on with it, irrelevant if it achieves anything.

It allowed people to have a voice, there was unity (and no violence) and I know my friends from America who are anti-Trump thought it was great, as they would. It also shows the government that UK people are capable of making up their own minds, no matter how many UK bigwigs he shakes hands with. It also hurt Trump's pride. It was a nice, big 'Fu*k you' done in the British way.

I have as much right to say it's a waste of time as they have to protest. Constantly describing what happened in a variety of ways won't change my opinion of it. I saw what happened; still waiting for an outcome.

Sponsored Links
I have as much right to say it's a waste of time as they have to protest. Constantly describing what happened in a variety of ways won't change my opinion of it. I saw what happened; still waiting for an outcome.
My description was the outcome. Read the second part.

Tell me, if you think all things should have an outcome the way you want, and everything else is pointless and a waste of time, why are you writing on here?!! :)

My description was the outcome. Read the second part.

Tell me, if you think all things should have an outcome the way you want, and everything else is pointless and a waste of time, why are you writing on here?!! :)

Well if that was the outcome it sounds like it was a pretty pointless endeavour to me.

And I'm writing on here because I enjoy it, much like many enjoy protesting. I'll repeat myself again for you, just so there's no confusion, I never said people shouldn't protest, that doesn't mean I'm not entitled to see it as pontless.

Why do anything ever at all anyway? Why keep replying to me? Do what you've got to do but don't tell me I should see it any differently; it's my entitlement to see it as I like.

Solipsism. You are waiting for an outcome that makes sensesto you. For many, protesting was something they thought was the morally right thing to do.

It's fine you disagree with that.

Why do anything ever at all anyway? Why keep replying to me? Do what you've got to do but don't tell me I should see it any differently; it's my entitlement to see it as I like.
Sorry, you added this after I replied.
I never told you to see it differently. I just wanted to point out that there are other views. Those other views aren't pointless to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
It garnered attention. Loads of attention. Objective achieved. Milliions here don't like Trump and now he knows. It may even make him think twice about visiting again. Bullseye!
Stick that in yer pointless pipe sammi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back